Heros of Horticulture

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

It took a lot of cutting and sawing to be the pruner par excellence that I am today. I know I make it look easy, but it took years of practice, practice, practice, and a fair share of mistakes, to become all that I am now. Virid Viceroy, it's not too late for you! Sharpen up those Felcos and come tag along someday. You'll go home with sawdust in your beard and a sense of satisfaction like you've never had before!

Scott

Thornton, IL

cue Lumberjack song...

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I feel like dancing to the "Skies are bluest blue in Seattle" wearing my woolrich red and black shirt. My boots are clicking as I walk down the street with the spikes of the shoes striking each pebble. I glance at the new big felled log just arrived in town by a guy in the bar now bragging that he had to climb 3 levels to have the saw transect the mammoth trunk. Oh wait I got carried away, Scott don't prune that way.

Edgartown, MA(Zone 7a)

Maakia,
I am a romantic at heart so I not only love your tree, but the lore attached to it. My sister for as many years as I can recall has dragged me along on her Johnny Appleseed Fanatic excursions. Yes folks I know it is hard to imagine in today's world but there are Johnny Appleseed Fanatics. I have followed the Johnny Appleseed Trail throughout New England during the apple picking season with a woman (school teacher) who wears an apple beanie cap on her head! Maakia your post and photo will be the highlight of her year...oh god I hope you don't wake some morning to spy someone in an apple beanie paying homage to your tree. kt
VV very cool tree I spent most of my day today trying to figure out how a tree that is wrapped in a blanket of asphalt can breath, drink, and eat? kt

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.