January's Daily Weather # II

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Well the first of ought seven just really filled up quickly so here we go on #2.
I am home until???
78.1 °F / 25 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 46%
Dew Point: 56 °F / 14 °C
Wind: 6.3 mph / 10 km/h from the South
Wind Gust: 8.3 mph / 13 km/h
Here is an Orange Honeysuckle that has deciced to bloom right now.
My yard is actually loaded with blooms and is in dire need of a good straightening out.
come by and post often.
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Thanx, Sidney.That's some mighty pretty blooms. BTW! This being the "weather channel" & all...I thought we were supposed to be "windy" ;) :D
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

LOL, that's right Joey we are.
Sidney

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Did someone say "windy"?

Updated: 9:51 AM PST on January 07, 2007
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
65 °F / 18 °C
Clear
Humidity: 17%
Dew Point: 19 °F / -7 °C
Wind: 29 mph / 46 km/h / 12.9 m/s from the NNW
Wind Gust: 39 mph / 63 km/h / 17.5 m/s

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Yep, "windy" it is! in more ways than 1. ;) :D Kelli, try not to get blown away!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Lovely *colorful* flowers ladies!

Winter's considering moving back in....Thursdays forecasted temps will make us harden off quickly

25 °F / -4 °C
N/A
Humidity: 61%
Dew Point: 14 °F / -10 °C
Wind: 12 mph / 18 km/h / 5.1 m/s from the SW
Pressure: 29.88 in / 1012 hPa (Falling)
Windchill: 15 °F / -10 °C

Here's my DD (had to do some searching for her pic....she's been at college for awhile now)

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

and DS (he's away at University so Grad is about the most recent we have). He's the fellow in the middle NOT the one oogling the ladies. ;)

This message was edited Jan 7, 2007 1:34 PM

Thumbnail by Lilypon
So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Warmish and wet here... a bit of snow forecast for Tuesday with the cooler temps coming.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Windy here, in the 40s. Looks like rain is on the way.

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Sidney - Pretty honeysuckle!
Joey – what kind of flower? Very pretty.
Kelli – Hang on – those are some serious winds!
Lilypon – Handsome son and lovely daughter!
DH broke the outdoor thermometer so I don't know what the temp is, feels like 78. Slightly breezy here.

Live Oak on Hecksher Drive heading towards Big Talbot Island.

Thumbnail by MySharona

In this picture, if you look where the sun is shining on the water making a V shape, you can see the tip of a ship, that would be the USS John F. Kennedy (hard to get a decent picture). This was taken looking back towards Blount Island.

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 5a)

Thanks all for your kind words on the sun and snow photo :-) The light was pretty amazing - it doesn't get this bright often when it's snowing ....

Great photos all - EB you are so lucky to have such a pretty place close to where you live :-)

Sharon - enjoyed all the "windshield" photos!

Kelli - hang on! Hope it'll calm down again soon :-)

Lilypon - great photos of your lovely "kids" - you must be so proud :-)

This message was edited Jan 8, 2007 11:05 AM

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Hi everyone,
Boy do I have some catching up to do. As I may have mentioned, there's a new puppy in the house. Haven't had a moment! He is asleep - but it won't last long - so I just wanted to check in and see what's going on. Love everybody's pics. Sidney and Joey, your flowers make me long for spring to really be here!

Right now, 68 and cloudy but the party's over.
Forecast for next 3 nights is somewhere between 30 and 33*. Brrrr! (Kiska and Rann and all of you "north of the border" are laughing at that Brrr!, aren't you!?)
It just goes from above normal, to below normal, and back again. What happened to normal?
Deb
Oh. Here's a shot I took on the way back from the pet supply store. Crape myrtle with tons of Spanish moss.

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Evening All! Has been raining most of the day, with several down pours. The temp is still quite warm @ 50*. If it gets cold enough to even snow it will have to drop at least 10*. I have seen it snow 5" @ 40*.
Thanx Sharon, that's a Cleome. And that's a pretty hefty Oak! Mine is a Pin Oak.
Lilypon, you have 2 gorgeous children. And I'm Glad that the one doing the Ogling is not yours! ;D
E_B! LOL! They scared ya, huh? :D
Deb, that is some serious moss. There's more moss than tree! :D
Kelli, have things calmed down for ya yet?

Well, gonna go "browse" around. :D
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

Northwestern Missouri today was partly cloudy, windy at times, and a little cool in that wind.
Monday we have a wind warning (30 to 40mph) from noon to 9pm with gusts expected around 45mph.
Unseasonably mild temps forecast all week.

Cuckoo

The weather is changing ...
Rest Of Tonight...Mostly cloudy with scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 60s. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Little lopsided, but I love it!

Thumbnail by MySharona

Here's the ferry that runs from Mayport (NAS) to Fernandina Beach (there are alternate routes)

Thumbnail by MySharona

Getting back on the island..the dark clouds are actually ocean fog the temp dropped 10 degrees

Thumbnail by MySharona
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Beautiful shots here!
Actually more than that.
I've been going back and looking at all the pictures for the last three weeks or so...
Then I went back to the last few years of My shots.....
If I didn't know better I'd say we were looking at March in most of mine and yours.

I can safely say the days are getting longer.
We came back from Dayton this evening in the rain.
We returned home at just before 6 PM and it was still relatively light out.
Around Christmas it was darker at 5:30 and w/ a clear sky......

Looks like some near average highs for the next few days.
I'm not worried about the plants as we're looking at temps just above freezing for that same period.
Or to put it a different way....10° Above the normal low.

Ric

(Zone 3b)

Nearly 9pm; 10 degrees below zero, misting snow.
Wow - lots has gone on here today. Sidney, love the honeysuckle and hope you'll get to be home as long as you'd like. Sharon - What a nice montage of places there - love the water/ships and clouds. cuckoo4rblkbe- hope the winds aren't all they're forecast to be..
Nice looking kids lilypon. And, rann, your photo was so pretty.
Joey - Is a rainy day welcome?; unless Jack's wanting in and out when he's not looking so cute....
ric - like the way you've put the temp. in perspective.
There is very little in temperature fluctions here, just a few degrees one or another is the way it usually is. The freeze is deep and into, as you can imagine, everything. The ground will be frozen several feet down before it lets up. There's no place in state to drive to that is not snowcovered and frozen. It's just a beautiful and awesome sight to see.
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

47.3°(F) shed 53.6°(F) porch been raining since yesterday morning.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Happy to see that Kiska :) ......but not surprised (we'd be in huge trouble if you didn't have permafrost now). The ozone hole just opens up in the summer http://www.solcomhouse.com/arcticsummerice.htm and that is when the melting of the northern ice occurs. Here's a new zone map of Alaska: http://www.arborday.org/media/zones_akhi.cfm Click on *see changes from 1990 to 2006* and there is also *see an animation illustrating changes* to click on as well. I know Weezingreens has reported huge changes up there.

This message was edited Jan 8, 2007 4:12 AM

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Here's a link to the United States Environmental Protection Agency: http://www.epa.gov/ozone/resource/public.html

Kiska - All that snow! What are they digging for?
Lilypon - interesting sites - I've saved to read later today.

It’s warm outside right now - around 76 and headed down our high is 67. Must be sprinkling outside, Soxy just rubbed her wet fur on my leg!

Today...Mostly cloudy and turning cooler. Showers likely in the morning...Then chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 60s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph shifting to the northwest in the afternoon. Chance of rain 60 percent.
Ahhh - home sweet home!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

MySharona ere's a link to U.S. EPA "The Science of Ozone Depletion" http://www.epa.gov/ozone/science/index.html ....4 links are of interest there:

Human Health Benefits of Stratospheric Ozone Protection (PDF, 83 pp., 1.2 MB)
This report describes the analytical and empirical methodologies used by the Atmospheric Health Effects Framework (AHEF), a model used to predict changes in human health effects that result from changes in the use and release of ozone-depleting substances.

Forecast Earth
Two minute movies summarizing the science and effects of ozone depletion created through a partnership between EPA and The Weather Channel.

Scientific Assessment of Ozone Depletion: 2002 Exit EPA disclaimer
This is the most recent World Meteorological Organization and United Nations Environmental Programme assessment. It contains the most up-to-date understanding of ozone depletion and reflects the thinking of over 250 international scientific experts who contributed to its preparation and review.
Alternate Link: UNEP site Exit EPA disclaimer

Twenty Questions and Answers About Ozone Depletion (2.1 MB)
This component of the "Scientific Assesment of Ozone Depletion: 2002" presents 20 questions and answers about the often-complex science of ozone depletion. The answers were all prepared by and reviewed by a large international group of scientists. It is written for a broad readership of decision-makers, educators, students, and the general public.

(Zone 5a)

Here's a photo I forgot to post last night - I took it Saturday night - we went for a drive looking for the bonfire - missed it - but had a nice scenic drive instead..... This is overlooking Hafnarfjordur - all the red and yellow lights there in the foreground are in the cemetary - there were a few candles lit as well ......

This message was edited Jan 8, 2007 11:24 AM

Thumbnail by rannveig
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

And the United States Environmental Protection Agency's links to information on Global Warming: http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/index.html

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Rannvieig thank you so much for sharing that with us! What an amazing and unique sight to see. Ü

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Currently in the 20s outside and will be 50 by late afternoon, early evening.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Mornin' All! It's 46* & mostly cloudy. It's "supposed" to cool off & do some snowin'. Now, why am I sceptical?
Thanx for the links, Lilypon!
Rann, That's an amazing pic! Lights Everywhere! Really neat!
Sharon! LOL! Jack, swipes on my leg every time! :D And the whole time I have a towel trying to dry him off! We seem to run around the living room.
Kiska, he does run in & out! I have had as many as 3 towels that I've used on him! It's so funny. I love the water & he Hates it! But that's the only time he gets a bath. I call it "God's bath". :D
Well, got things to do....like go get books! ;D
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Good morning!

After a weekend of downpours followed by intermittent rain, it's bright and sunny this morning. Temps won't be as warm as the past few days, but I need some sun...so I'll take mid to upper 40's. Everything is thoroughly soaked and water standing everywhere. My two daffodil buds now have 3 others to keep them company. I've got a monster crop of Henbit in full bloom and I really should mow the lawn.....

(Zone 5a)

Good afternoon! It's sunny, calm and 23°F. Supposed to be cold for at least the next three days. Today was Christmas tree collection day - I've collected 5 trees, cut off the branches and used them as cover for my rock bed and perennials. Might see if I can get more ..... ;-)

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Good Morning... Looks like we had some rain overnight as the creek in front is up. I hate to think what it will be like with spring rains, probably up to the house!

They are still calling for some light snow overnight and tomorrow.

Thumbnail by darius
(Zone 3b)

8am, 17 degrees below zero, dark, calm w/heavy fog a few miles from here..
I got a chuckle from your comment, mySharona, they aren't digging, they are standing above the fire pit that is way down below the snow, no longer at ground level... it was a nice fire, too.... :)
Darius hopefully there'll be no flooding later on.
Rann, great idea for using the trees; pretty picture, too.
Looks like a pretty street where you live, Sharon.
Well below zero last night...can you see the chair back there?
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

Kiska – LOL I had to look at the picture again! They’re warming up!!
Rann – Your picture is beautiful. Such a pretty place to live.
We are at 64 right now! Going to be in the 30's tonight. Sunrise this morning

Thumbnail by MySharona

this is what it looks like now

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 3b)

Very pretty way to start the day, sharon - I see in your next photo the clouds are looking ominous...
Minus 20 degrees now - 8:45am here, dark...but, today's gain of daylight is 3m 28 sec..
Yesterday at 1:30pm the sun struggled to get through the clouds...didn't make it...
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Even windier than yesterday, but it is warm so it's not so bad.

Updated: 10:15 AM PST on January 08, 2007
Observed at: Northwest San Fernando Valley, Chatsworth, California
Elevation: 905 ft / 275 m
73.2 °F / 22.9 °C
Clear
Humidity: 9%
Dew Point: 11 °F / -12 °C
Wind: 26.0 mph / 41.8 km/h / 9.3 m/s from the NNW
Wind Gust: 35.0 mph / 56.3 km/h / 12.3 m/s

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

39° (Wind Chill 31°) Dewpoint: 23° Wind: W 12 MPH
Humidity: 53% Pressure: 30.02 in Hg
Average: High 38° Low 21°
Record: High 67° (1937) Low -10° (1968)
Today's Sunrise: 7:58AM Today's Sunset: 5:33PM
(09:35 hours of sunlight)

They are pretreating the roads here w/ liquid salt.
Supposed to get a light coating of ice and snow overnight.
Funny as there's not a cloud in the sky..........

Here's our 'Royal Hertitage' Helleborus buds. Blooming 2 months early.

Ric

This message was edited Jan 8, 2007 1:23 PM

Thumbnail by henryr10
OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

So, Kelli,
are you having Santa Anna's?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.