Gardens Alive sale

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I just got the Gardens Alive catalogue that offers $25 off, if you buy $50 worth of stuff. I'm curious what you like out of that catalogue. I've only bought moth traps before, but they offer a lot of interesting products.

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I like their acidic fertilizer.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Their mosquito spray is the best I have EVER found. Has no deet, is not greasy, does not stink, you won't barf if you get it on your lips... I usually wait for their sale and buy a lot of it. The only con is that the bottles are small and a bit expensive ($10 each!) But this spray is so much better than anything else I have found, I wait for the sale and buy it for 1/2 price and buy a lot of it. I have so many mosquitos that I cannot enjoy my garden without this. I do look for 'standing water, etc' but they still come. These are those nasty gray striped things that can live and breed without water!

Anyway - it is called Sting Free http://www.gardensalive.com/product.asp?pn=8795 Order a bunch as good friends and relatives will beg it off you the first time they try it at your house.

Bettendorf, IA

I have been wondering about their Escar-go - has anybody used tht with success against slugs? How about Deer-Off? I didn't get the catalog - is it a speial code to use or a regular offer?

I hear you about those mosquitoes. We have the kind with Romulin cloaking devices--you never see them, you just hear them and feel them.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Pegzhere: I don't see a special code -- I think you have to give them your catalog number. But I bet if you called and said a friend told you, they might send you a catalog -- it is good until March 7. Their ordering number is 513 354-1482 (customer service is -1483) (apparently no 800 number) or gardener@gardensalive.com.

Sterhill: Thanks for the mosquito repellant suggestion -- we are beseiged by mosquitos.

Saint Bonifacius, MN(Zone 4a)

My neighbor uses the natural Surround product on his apple trees. They look silver/gray for the entire season, but he gets perfect, normal size apples. No insects at all.

West Central, WI(Zone 4a)

"Mosquitoes......... with Romulin cloaking devices."

That explains a lot! I think that the mosquito is the Wisconsin State Bird. Our mosquitos can getch right through denim. If I don't bathe in the DDT stuff all summer, I would get nothing done outside. I live on a lake, and that's just the way it is. It would be wonderful to be able to use something without the DDT.

I think they are called tiger mosquitoes or something--I'm too busy avoiding them to learn about them. =)

Marie, seems you already have a state bird, and a state insect. Neither are a mosquito.
http://www.legis.state.wi.us/senate/scc/kids/facts.htm

But I am not making fun of Wisconsin. We have a state muffin! (Good Grief...)
http://www.leg.state.mn.us/leg/Symbols.asp

Anyone else care to embarrass themselves?

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

I have used Escar-go around my hostas and it works well. It is safe for pets too that's why I use it.

btw, I got a catalog that says $25 off any order. So if you buy $25 only it is FREE!! Not including shipping of course which is probably $15. LOL

Susan
=^..^=

I guess the mosquito is the un-official state bird. (It was however, a contender for the state insect.)

State muffin? Why a state muffin?

Wisconsin has an official state dance! Polka anyone?

I think that your order has to be $50 before you get the $25 off your order. Still, a great deal.

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

Leftwood, Now I know why our legislature never gets anything useful done.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I used to get the $25 off of anything coupon, w/o the $50 requirement; maybe the figured I used it too many times because this year I have to buy a minimum of $50! Can't blame them!

Raleigh, NC

Anybody used their Soil Activator ?? I'm ready to order some for some new beds I put in last year in an area stripped of topsoil due to construction. If you think it made a difference, as they claim, I'll order more.......Also wondering about Serenade....Thanks

Quoting:
State muffin? Why a state muffin?

------------- My point exactly.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

That's a doosey,,,,lol state muffin,,,,things that make you go hmm,,,,,,

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

I wonder if they use Minnesota blueberries in the recipe?

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

LOL

How could you have a Minnesota blueberry muffin with imported blueberries? That just might be a punishable offense.

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

I was being nasty about the legislature taking the time to choose the muffin.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Pauline,

they have better things to do than choose a state muffin. I completely agree,,,lol

Ditto what GG said.......but who am I to talk.....Wisconsin still has that official state dance. Sad isn't it.

At least you can't polka to Disco Duck.

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

I like Gardens Alive's website. I took some of their advice about lawn care, but I bought the stuff locally (different brands) because shipping bags of fert and such would be pretty expensive.

I wish our legislature would vote on muffins or song and dance. The last night of their last legislative session they voted themselves a 16% pay raise at 2:30am., against the state's constitution. But they gave judges a raise too, and the judges backed the pay raise when it was contested in the courts. AND we have 253 legislators who already get a $150 travel per diem.....California has eighty some legislators for comparison, and New Hampshire's only get $100 a year.

Milwaukee, WI(Zone 5a)

Hey what about a polka hosta dance now how's that sound ???? ........Sharon

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

clay,
That's sad for sure.

Sharon!!!!
How are you, you surfaced again, was just going to d-mail to see how you are doing.

Marie,
We have an official state dance???? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL now that is sad!

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

I think doing the polka on the hosta would mash them.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

LOL,,,yep, I'm thinkin' it would

Milwaukee, WI(Zone 5a)

Hi, I'm good how's it going just working e-mail me tell whats up!!! .......Sharon

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

I Like Gardens Alive products, but I tried the Sting Free for mosquitos last year and they just laughed at the stuff. Didn't work here.....

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Whoa! NeilTR - I would not want to meet your mosquitos. We have those big grey striped guys and I don't go outside in the summer without this stuff. Clouds of them come dive bombing at me, smell it and then veer off at the last minute. Tickles me pink! I just stocked up with 4 bottles for this summer with the $25 off sale!

Mark Twain described your kind of mosquitos:
"He said that two of them could whip a dog, and that four of them could hold a man down; and except help come, they would kill him--"butcher him," as he expressed it. Referred in a sort of casual way--and yet significant way-- to "the fact that the life policy in its simplest form is unknown in Lake Providence--they take out a mosquito policy besides." He told many remarkable things about those lawless insects. Among others, said he had seen them try to vote. Noticing that this statement seemed to be a good deal of a strain on us, he modified it a little: said he might have been mistaken, as to that particular, but knew he had seen them around the polls "canvassing."

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I want to know which fool suggested a state cooking utinsel(dutch oven) for Arkansas? I can understand state bird,flower,song,insect,etc. but did we REALLY need an official cooking utinsel?

P

Arkansas wins the prize for Absurd State 'something' ! That beats state muffin and state dance easily.

As a resident of the "muffin" state, I feel so much better now.

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

I will second that one as another resident of the "muffin" state.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.