6 of 7.

Jay loves corn.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

7 of 7.

Juvie Cardinal.

Thumbnail by trois
Marlton, NJ

trois those shots are Great!! I absolutely love the Yellow Rump shot, its precious!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

These are really fun photos Trois - thanks !!

Dea

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Thanks pelletory. We have a lot of the yellow rumps at this time.

You're welcome, Dea.. We are still waiting for most of the Northern birds to arrive.

trois

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

I love these too! Its as if I'm looking at these out my own window! I love the yellow rump too. I always get all excited when I see one and have never been able to get a good photo.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Birds act very different if a human is in sight. Looking at them with a security camera lets me see far more of their actions than I have ever seen before. They can still see you even when you look out a window.

Thank you, lilyfantin.

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Great shots trois! The birds are beautiful! What a neat idea to watch them with a security camera. How do you get the actual still shots?

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

I have the still camera focused on the same feeder, on a tripod, and when I see a bird on the feeder, I use a remote control to take the picture. This way, they never see a human. The do look at the camera because I use the Red-eye reduction feature and the first flash gets their attention unless they are used to the flash. It seldom alarms the birds though.

(Zone 10b)

Great camera shots. These are the only photos I've seen without birds actually knowing the presence of a camera/human. Thanks for sharing.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

It does make a difference as they are more relaxed this way, and not ready to fly off so quickly.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Wow! I am so inspired! Beautiful shots!

Hebron, KY

Trois,

Beautiful and wonderful photos, as always! Thanks so much for sharing them with us!

Marilyn

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Thanks bsavage and Marilyn!

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

great idea on how you are getting your pics

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

I had been thinking about doing this for years, so I bought a camera with remote control capabilities. Then I found out they didn't make the remote control. So, I was delayed a few months trying to find a remote that would work, then I had to build my own. It has worked well from the very first try.
It actually works better than I had thought it would.
Sometimes you win one.

trois

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.