Show me your feeders!

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

My favorite feeder is a large homemade platform type with an even larger roof covering it. It will easily hold 20 to 30 pounds of seed and the large roof keeps the seed dry. It's mounted about 6' off the ground on a treated post. The bird just to the left in the photo gives some idea of the feeders size. The best thing about it is I don't have to run out and fill it every day.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Marlton, NJ

Wow, thats one huge feeder! Beautiful photo too!

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Goodness, that is a big one! And a beautiful snow scene. Was it taken recently?

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

No, It was taken on the last day of March '05. We got about 18" of the heaviest wettest snow I've ever seen. It played havoc with my white pines. We've only had one snow storm this year and it was gone in a couple of days. Really unusual for the snow-belt. Temps have been way above normal. The lack of snow really cuts down on the number of birds at the feeder. I've only used about 100 pounds this winter.

Here's another of my feeders.....

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Nice large feeders EB! I still haven't gotten out to take a picture of the new one I got this weekend. Maybe tomorrow....

Oops!........ Let's get over to the part 2 thread so our dial up friends won't give up on us.
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/682809/

This message was edited Jan 9, 2007 8:56 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.