Bird photography.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Anybody know what might be a good camera for taking picturs of birds, and/or what do set the camera on to be able stand back and take shots without scaring the birds off?

Marlton, NJ

Hi star, Some types of birds will not come around at all if they see you in the yard. I would like to someday have a bluff to conceal myself in the yard. Some like the Chickadees, Downys and House Finch are very brave and will let you take photos from as close as 6 feet from the feeder.
So far I've had to stay inside to get shots of my Red Bellied Woodpeckers.

I won't recommend a camera since I am certainly no expert in that field. Maybe if you ask at the Photography forum they could help you more.

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Starlight I just got a Panasonic Lumix DCM FZ-50. You can take pics with 4 x digital zoom on top of the 12 x opitical. It is 10 MP , has Image stabilizer and very reasonably priced. Amazon was the 2nd best buy. Best cameraprice.com or something like that was 100 dollars cheaper but has a 8 week back order on them. E-bay is way to high on them like 200 dollars more. My old camera which are good are a Olympus E-10 and a Canon Pro 90 IS.

This pic taken last week on 12 x opitical, 4 x digital at 50 feet away

Thumbnail by DonnaB
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Thanks Donna. I have absolutely no knowledge of cameras and when I went to the store oen time, the guy ha dme so confused and I know it not easy to take pics of birds and everybody showing some nice beautiful shots of them.

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

Starlight, do you have anyone who could go with you who is knowledgeable? I recently had one of my sons-in-law help me choose a new camera. He happens to be a super fan of Sony's so that's what I went with and so far am just having a fabulous time! I have a zoom lens on the way.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Just a note... I just got a Nikon D200 for Christmas, and we originally ordered from one www.thecamerapros.com. Turned out to be a big scam, and there are many, many scam camera websites out there. Be very careful. B & H photo always gets top reviews from everyone I've talked to. Check any internet seller out first at http://www.resellerratings.com/.

Brenda

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.