Trachelium "Devotion Burgendy"

Gold Beach, OR(Zone 9a)

I saved the spent flower heads from this plant and put them in a paper bag. I am finding what I think is seed, its impossibly small. Does anyone know about this seed? I don't want to toss seed and save chaff, but this looks too small to be seed.
Rebecca

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

I went to the seed site and typed in Trachelium and this is what it said
many small seeds. Campanula trachelium Seedpod The Campanulaceae Family includes the following ... Platycodon, Roella, Symphyandra, Trachelium, Wahlenbergia
This is a pic of the some of the pods.
http://theseedsite.co.uk/podscamp.html

Gold Beach, OR(Zone 9a)

Well thanks. I guess what I have is the seed. My, I sure have lots of it. Thats a good site, I did have it a long time ago and forgot about it, so thanks! Now I am off on that site looking up more information.
Rebecca

Hollywood, FL(Zone 10b)

Rebecca,
I've bought Trachelium seed before; it's very small, and even came in a pellet... whether they came in a pellet because they were small, or because they needed to be very fresh, I don't know- but I thought I'd let you know anyway. ;)

The seeds are hard to grow (at least for me they were!), because they need light to grow, but the cats don't care about your seeds, they just want to get into the window. LOL So the soil gets knocked over and you can't find the seeds....
Good luck! :)
~Gina

Gold Beach, OR(Zone 9a)

Gina,
If you would like to try some, I have got lots. I should have better luck, I don't have cats!
Rebecca

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.