if you could only have 3 plants..........

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

This may seem a stupid question, but do rain lilies like a lot of water? I have about 100 inches of rain a year.

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

I don't know about "a lot" of rain. The blooms tend to pop up and bloom here after a rain. They will rebloom during the summer.

Thumbnail by podster
mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

pod, have you noticed that they will not bloom with hose water, has to be rain water? that's my experience. same with the resurrection fern. rain must be a powerful dude.

Absolutely! I keep mine in a pot and keep the foliage watered. I am always startled to see buds pop up after a rain. Water does not have the same effect. I have no idea what a resurrection fern is but we have a wild one here that grows at the base of trees. It dies down and when it rains it perks up beautifully... even in the cold.

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

Well, I've got to have one because it rains quite often here. I don't recall a week without rain, but usually more often than that.

I had lots of seed pods last year but didn't save them. If they come up in the surrounding beds, I will gladly share. Was this the rain lily you were thinking of?

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

Pleopeltis is the resurrection fern. mine is a little curlier looking than the ones in pf, but we probably have the same ones or close to it.

I will look in PF and check it out. BTW, I have enjoyed this thread but have yet to decide which 3... That would make me narrow it down entirely too much! : )

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

hah, i missed that part. you have to decide. that's the rule! LOL which ones do your eyes fall lovingly on first thing when you wake up?

I have been struggling with that one... Got almost 300 plants and the ones I love the most change with the weather. Let's see, today I have blooms on the Daffodils, Jonquils and the miniature Sanseviera "Kenya Hyacinth". Those three I love today... Ask me next week and it will change...

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

that'll work. you can post here next week! LOL

wood, i think as long as you have them in a well-draining spot, they can take the water. they will rot if it's swampy or always wet. i had a big coral rockpile with no soil to speak of and rain lilies all over it. they thrived there with half day sun and only the rain for water.

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

For me? Bougainvella, jasmine and sweet peas!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.