A week and a day....

Crozet, VA

Yep, Christmas Day is almost here yall. I hope that you folks are further ahead with your chores than I am. Yes, I called them chores. A month ago I was exclaiming how I thought that this year I would have a different attitude than I had in years past. That was a month ago.......this month I am feeling the pressure. I have learned one thing this year. I need to learn to shop differently.

I have usually shopped for months up until the big day. I would see things that so and so would like and buy it. I ended up with gobs of gifts for many of those on my list. Thankfully, I was able to employ my future daughter in law to wrap all these small things for me. When I looked at them I became overwhelmed. I think that I have learned (maybe) that from now on, I will buy just one nicer gift per recipient rather than loads of little trinkets. Time will tell if I will be successful with doing this.

I am still in a good place mentally. I am not going to let this get me down. I will do what I can and leave the rest.

Here is wishing you all a great week.

Ruby

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Gift decisions may be one of the most challenging things at this time. Enough, not enough too big, not personal enough, .....overpending!!!!
Everybody hang in there......

Crozet, VA

My husband laughed at me a while ago when I brought out a couple of baketball toys to wrap. He wanted to know who I was giving them to. I said, our sons. The sons are ages 25 and 16. These two are very hard to buy for, so I usually end up with some gag gifts and some money for them.

Sally, the decision making on any topic is exhausting I think. Some times I end up literally flipping a coine. . ha-ha. Works for me.

Ruby

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.