what's a good rooting gel?

Brenham, TX(Zone 8b)

i'm interested in trying a rooting gel...which one do you like? where do you get it online? thanks for your help.

Caistor, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

I use one made by Mr Fothergils................. comes in a 1 litre bottle, and is very very good!!!!
But with me being in the UK, i dont know if you can get it over there.............. i will have to look into it for you!!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

See also http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/675670/

Portland, ME

I have tried most of the commercial rooting products and have had the best success with Clonex gel. It has a higher concentration of the good stuff than hormone powders and works better than the organics (which are usually just dilute nitrogen).

Caistor, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

Yep just had a look at that link.................... Gel2root is the one made by mr fothgills............... it patent name is gel2root.

Mark

rosswood, BC

maybe ,make your own..willow water.it contains basically the same active ingrediants and has always been a rooting compound b4 it was fashionable to buy the fancy stuff

Port Orchard, WA(Zone 8a)

tamatik, from my researching on Salix ( Willow ) water, the active rooting ingredient is Salacylic (not sure of spelling, to lazy to look it up ) Acid. AKA aspirin. Jim

Brenham, TX(Zone 8b)

do you just soak willow branches in water?

Port Orchard, WA(Zone 8a)

jammin, when I did it, I wasn't precise, I cut a bunch of sticks of Salix then boiled some water. then put the stick in and let it steep overnight. it did a fair job for me but I haven't use it since I started using IBA, NAA. which I have more control of the PPM. and can adjust it to the application of what I'm doing. Jim

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.