Welcome to the hydrangea forum!

By popular demand (http://davesgarden.com/showthread/62628.html ) I bring you the hydrangea forum!

Dave

Nanaimo, BC(Zone 8b)

Thanks dave, as for my ? about flower color this one has blue,pale yellow, pink,and a blue green all on one ???

Rethymno, Crete, Greece(Zone 10b)

I look forward to this forum - I like them, I think there are some tricks and secrets for their success, and I don't have a clue about them.
Go on then, tell us your success !!

Dimitri

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Hey - you sneaked this in when I wasn't looking...lol!!! Thankyou very much Dave. Prain, my hydrangeas do the same - some wonderful hues at the start and then they turn to one colour and even that colour changes as the season comes to an end. I have a pink one now that was a cutting only last year. It has five big flower heads that are starting to go a little papery. This means that I can cut the blooms off now and use them in dry flower arrangements. On the other hand, I sometimes leave the blooms on the plant all winter even when they go all brown and dry because they protect the new buds that will form the following Spring. Nice to see you here Dimitri - I hope we can all learn from each other!!

Cordova, MD

Thanks Dave! I can't wait to learn about these pretty lants! I have two that I "inherited" from the old owners and love 'em- they're blooming great now- a DEEP blue- which I posted pics on the other day and a pink/purple!! Just gorgeous! I got cutting today from both and am trying to root them! Wish me luck!
-JSS

Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

Thank you, thank you, thank you Dave. Really looking forward to discussion on this forum. Hydrangeas are simply one of my all time favorite plantings (along with all of the other favorites ;).

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.