Forelle Pear Tree Information?

Franklin Grove, IL(Zone 5a)

We're making a list of our "wants" in new fruit trees for this spring. After taste-testing different varieties of pears last fall, we all favored "Forelle". Google finds me references to it (description) but the only place I found that sold the trees was in the UK. Does anyone have a lead to where I can look? Thanks

Baltimore, MD

Trees of Antiquity used to sell it, but I don't see it in their latest catalog. There are several sources of scionwood but I don't recall another nursery selling it.

Scott

Thanks, Scott. I've looked at every list I could find. Maybe it's not meant to be. Sure have had some interesting reading along the way, though.
Louise

I recieved an email from Trees of Antiquity in response to my inquiry. They said, "Unfortunately, I have not been able to find them anywhere and our crop this year was devoured by rodents. We will be grafting them again for next season ..." So thank you again, Scott, for pointing me in the right direction.

Salem, OR(Zone 8a)

I picked up a bareroot Forelle Pear tree at Costco this afternoon.

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GREEN!! :)

Susan

Susan, Thanks for the greeting! I love my birthday because even though we could still have a blizzard for another month or so - SPRING is on the way!
Louise

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.