Where are the seeds on a dbl petunia?

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I can't find seeds anywhere! What am I missing? I have several Double Petunias and I want to find seeds.. would someone please help? Thank you.

Chewelah, WA(Zone 5a)

When the flowers die back, there will be a little swollen pod at the base after the dry flower falls off--that's where the seeds are--assuming they were pollinated, that is. I went through a LOT of dried flowers looking for seeds. You can also take cuttings; petunias root really easily and it's faster than growing them from seeds.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

The "pod" sort of looks like a tan teardrop seated in the stem where the flower was. It starts out green then dries and turns tan as the seed matures. I like collecting the seed, it's both tedious and relaxing:LOL: There is also the element of challenge--collecting the seed before the pod bursts:)

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Thank you! I guess I was on the right track.. but got frustrated and quit. I'm glad they will grow from cuttings.. I have some pretty ones I don't wanna loose!

Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

I had some lovely white ones this past summer and they did not set seed. I think some of those hybrids are sterile.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.