Do you also love mosses and lichens?

Hanover Twp., PA(Zone 6a)

Purple Clavulina amethystina.

Thumbnail by mgarr
Hanover Twp., PA(Zone 6a)

Now that I look at the pictures I guess I caught more fungi but here is one last one so I don't bore you.

Thumbnail by mgarr
Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Those are all interesting, and the last two are so pretty! We have some of the same ones here, but I've never seen the purple or that pretty turquoise one.

Hiouchi, CA(Zone 8b)

what happened to bonitin ?
i get This username is no longer active.........

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Very nice, mgarr. Thanks for sharing. I do not know the names of any of them, but I sure like them. So interesting.

Strever, maybe bonitin is no longer a member.

Karen

Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Having found several references to 'Moss gardening; including Lichens, Liverworts and other Miniatures' of George Schenk , in this thread, I have just ordered it. Anxiously awaiting its arrival (our soil is quite alkaline, but would be happy to dig a few spots and replace a foot down, if it would stay acid- I just don't know what to replace it with (?) Suggestions welcome! (I've read just treating with sulfer is a temporary 'fix' and I would like to be able to not mess w/that after a few yrs (I'm old- after a while I will forget to spread the sulfer! :-)))
Ideas/comments/suggestions??

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

I'm not sure. I know peat moss is acidic. I don't know if you'd have to completely replace with it. If you make yourself a yearly calendar with a to-do list for each month, then maybe you won't forget to add the sulfer.

Karen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.