Won a free subscription!!!

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

I used to watch People, Places & Plants on HGTV every Sunday morning but when they changed the airing time for this show I couldn't find it anymore :( Went to the magazine's website to find the show and saw their Photo of the Week contest for a free subscription. One of my favorite photos is one I took of Ghost Fern and thought, what the heck I'll submit it and try. Check it out - my free subscription is on its way!!! http://www.ppplants.com/resources/photos_of_the_week/index.php?date=2006-11-26
A nice magazine I enjoyed when I was living in Maine, but let it expire when I moved south - $24.95 is a little expensive for a magazine geared for northern gardeners - but now it's free :)

Looks like this is a fairly new feature of their website and doesn't appear that there have been many Photos of the Week. If anyone's interested, send in a photo to try for your own subscription - it's a great way to spend the winter months waiting for spring!

Debbie

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

Congratulations, Debbie, a well deserved win--terrific picture!

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Thanks dayli, I've posted the picture on DG before but I keep coming back to it - I loved the "haunting" look of the morning mist - thought it fitting for the "Ghost" fern :)

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Debbie, I think that's great and what a beautiful picture. You should frame it and hang it in your house. Holly

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Debbie, Where in Maine did you live? If you don't mind me asking.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Congratulations! BTW, when is that show on? I thought it had gone off the air. I couldn't find it searching in Tivo.

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Very lovely picture, Debbie. Makes you want to go for a walk in the woods.

So glad you won!!

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

pixie, born and raised in Bangor and then moved to Winterport until 1999 when I moved to Virginia. Family still living in Brewer and Portland so I'm usually in the area at least once a year. There are things I miss - snow is not one of them!!! but I do miss the beautiful Delphiniums I could grow in that climate.

hart, sometime in September PPP stopped airing on Sunday mornings at 7 AM :( It was such a convenient time for me, had my breakfast while watching the show. I have to admit I'm not much of a Roger Swain fan, but I enjoyed Paul Tukey. I remember the first year his magazine came out and he was at the Bangor (Maine) Flower Show - probably the only time I haven't seen him in shorts!! :) Their website says the show airs on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, but I'll be darned if I can find it!

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Thanks Chris, I was typing at the same time as you! LOL

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Debbie - very nice pic!!!

Crofton, MD(Zone 7a)

Beautiful fern, gorgeous photo.

Linden, VA(Zone 6a)

Way to go, Debbie. It's easy to see why that pic was chosen. And thanks for the suggestion to enter. I'm always up for a new mag.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.