Here's My Christmas Tree

Spring Valley, CA(Zone 10a)

I started this early last year, and I'll start it early again. I tried to make it look a little different this year, but basically its the same tree, same decorations. I didn't do all the bottom with the red balls this year though.

When your's is decorated, post it!

-Ron-

Thumbnail by RWhiz
NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

A mitey purtee tree, Ron ..

- Magpye

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Pretty tree, there must be a gazillion ornaments on there. No way am I gonna compete with that.

Aurora, CO(Zone 5a)

Your tree (and your house) is lovely. Those elephants are great!

This year I will have my first tree. I'm in the midst of buying ornaments now. I can't get glass or anything else breakable, though, and I don't want to get anything potentially toxic, because I have five cats. It might look a little sparse this year, but I'll post a picture when I get it.

(And it's about time to start thinking about getting a tree, too.)

DFW area, TX(Zone 7b)

Very lovely old fashioned tree.

South Puget Sound, WA(Zone 8a)

That's lovely! I do like those old world glass ornaments - they remind me of the ones on our tree when I was a kid (that unfortunately didn't survive to this day). I thought I was the only one with a Christmas tree up in November!-LOL Actually, to confess, it's been up since late September because I am a tree designer for our hospital benefit auction and I use it as a practice tree for the two I decorate at the event. Just finished the set up last night for both of them, but forgot to take photos. I'll post a couple later.

Other designers did interesting themes like: Charlotte's Web, A Pirate Christmas, Martini tree, and the like. It's amazing what you can put on a Christmas tree!

Frankfort, KY

My friend starts decorating in October. She puts up seven (big) trees. Her house is lovely every year.

Paris, TX(Zone 8a)

How pretty your tree is. I haven't put mine up yet, but it shouldn't be long. I usually put it up shortly after Thanksgiving, so I (and my cats *sigh*) can enjoy it longer.

Well, I still havent brought my camera to Christmas Forest, but here is a shot of my cats enjoying the tree a couple of years ago. Fortunately, none of the ornaments were on yet -LOL. The tree is 7.5 feet tall and on a 1 foot platform, so they are about 5 feet off the ground!

Thumbnail by galega
(Zone 3b)

What an interesting idea for a thread...
This wasn't "technically" our Christmas tree, but we usually always have a few trees lit in the yard..
kiska
alaska

Thumbnail by kiska
Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

Your tree is beautiful and I spotted the little rottie too!!!!

Sioux City, IA(Zone 4b)

We have two Christmas trees, they do not change much each year. Here is the downstairs one. It mostly is an odd mixure of cats and fireman ornaments. :)

Thumbnail by merigold
Crozet, VA

Oh, what a fun topic. I am looking forward to seeing the many trees that people will be showing as they get them up. Since this is the first year in about the past ten years that I am actually looking forward to the holidays and not looking at them as a chore, I will probably put mine up sooner than most years. This weekend got away from me, so it isn't up yet. Still might be a while too. I have yard and garden tidying to do yet. I will tackle that job tomorrow and then most of the outside work that I can do, will be done.

Thank you for starting this topic RWhiz.

Ruby

Nevada, MO(Zone 6a)

Beautiful trees. Pretty, but glad I'm not in Alaska. ;)

Paris, TX(Zone 8a)

Here's my tree. We put it up last night.

Thumbnail by jdee
Paris, TX(Zone 8a)

And here it is today. Luckily the cats didn't do as much damage as they've been known to do. lol

Thumbnail by jdee
Tyrone, GA(Zone 7b)

My DH decorated this 9-foot tree all by himself. Very proud to say the least. Love your tree Ron. Very unique.
Liz

Thumbnail by gliz
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

jdee - good the cats behaved themselves. Our tree won't be up for at least another 3 weeks - this is way too early for me, but will post a pic when it does go up.

Ann

Sioux City, IA(Zone 4b)

gliz, WOW, your hubby does good work!

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

gliz - wow - everything goes together!! Mine is a mishmash of ornaments collected throughout the years. I always buy a couple of ornaments that have the date printed on them - I have them from years and years ago- DGS gets a kick out of seeing how old they are...

Tyrone, GA(Zone 7b)

thanks sarv and merigold, I'll pass on your kind words to DH. It is amazing that he was able to put this together so well. I usually have to check him in the morning to make sure his clothes match -lol. I like ornaments that have a history. I have a few dated, the oldest is 1978 -almost 30 years old but that is pretty young to me. (hehehe).The grandkids will think it is ancient.
Liz

Here's a picture of my lighthouse tree. I have a lighthouse theme throughout my house, and My DH knows how much I love them and has put an extra lot of work into making this come together. I also want to send a big hug to Saint who gave the lighthouse lights to me. They look so pretty with my lighthouse ornaments. I found sand dollars on the beach, preserved them and made ornaments, also. :-)

Thumbnail by

Here's a close-up of the lighthouse lights that Saint sent me. Aren't they to die for?

Thumbnail by

Now here's a shot of my sand dollars I made. I promise it's the last one! LOL

Thumbnail by
Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

Very nice all are so lovely .
Thanks for sharing your trees and decor with me

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Elaine, Nice tree!! Those lighthouse lights that Saint sent you are adorable.!!!

Michelle

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

My small trees looks bigger in new trailer ,
My cat is hamming it up for Christmas

Thumbnail by tazzy
Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

ok here is my Christmas tree...

Thumbnail by araness
Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

and here is one with the lights on.

lol oops I think I got the caption wrong on these...just switch these around when you read

This message was edited Nov 30, 2006 8:50 PM

Thumbnail by araness
Sioux City, IA(Zone 4b)

I love how your tree glows in that picture araness. Must be lots of lights on it!

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

just a few...*LOL* it's 7ft and has 1300 lights on it

Sioux City, IA(Zone 4b)

I helped someone with a pre lit 7.5 tree with 900 lights and I thought it had a lot, lol. Your tree is lovely with or without. :)

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Thank You...The outside will be almost as bad DH says I own stock in GE *LOL*

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

i'll go with two pictures of the tree. one without lights

Thumbnail by HERBIE43
Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

this is with the lights on. there are over 1500 lights on the tree along with christmas balls from the 1930's which were my mom's.

Thumbnail by HERBIE43
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

That's a gorgeous tree Herbie.

Araness - that is one gorgeous tree! Are all of those presents for Zapita? LOL

Here is a tree I did for Christmas Forest. It was delivered to a Honda dealership this morning so I had to fluff it up, unpack it and arrange all of the goodies. Fortunately it only took an hour (compared to the set up before the auction which took most of a day to do -UGH!) It comes with a large white furnished dollhouse, but it's on the other side of the tree.

Thumbnail by galega
Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Thank You Galega, but next to your tree it looks way overblown...I love themed tree's...*LOL* the DH is very afraid....every year he knows I'm going to want to try and sneak one past him and he starts to freak out about the cost. This year we are starting to collect Waterford ornaments, maybe in a few years I can have a small tree (for the table) with those on it. I also want a Santa tree...humm and a chef's tree....lol where would it end!

Here is the other one - all vintage travel related decor - called "Sentimental Journeys." It did have a train running all around it and a large street sign pointing to travel destinations around the world, but these weren't delivered to the business yet when I took the photo. This one took a couple of hours to restore since it is a 9 foot tree. I am so glad to be done with both of them. Now I can finally decorate that pitiful looking bare thing standing in my living room!-LOL

Thumbnail by galega

Oooh Waterford will be really beautiful! I just put up the old one-eyed snowman and broken preschool cookie ornaments on my home tree. The kids wouldn't have it any other way. Then, I take a bundh of gold or red berry sprays and stick them in all over so it at least looks uniform (about 24) and call it good. I'm not allowed to do a theme tree at home!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.