Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Done with the Palms lets move to the Desert House

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Lots of interesting plants here

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

The first thing you see when you walk through the door and both of us had the exact same thought. “Feed me Seymour”. Anyone know where that line comes from?

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Last room any guesses?

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

The Orchid Room

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Made me want to go out and buy a Greenhouse.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Just loved these Monkey faces.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Thanks HollyAnn for the tour! And taking the time to post these lovely pictures. I love the mums. And your "Little Shop of Horror" Plant made me laugh.

Chris

Oops, sorry I thought that was all.

This message was edited Nov 19, 2006 7:39 PM

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Holly, I agree...I want to go buy a greenhouse, too! These are some astounding pix! And what is #4 ? Is it some kind of aloe? And is #6 a Bromiliad? They're gorgeous!

Joey

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

End of the tour. We might have been there 2 hours doing our tour. It isn’t big, it isn’t crowded, and I think it would be great for someone who tires easy or has problems with crowds or just wants to spend a nice afternoon around beautiful plants. Thanks Gita for sending us there. Holly

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh, I forgot to Thank Dear Husband Ric. He took all the pictures while friend Jane and I just strolled around. Holly

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I'm sure #5 is a Bromiliad. I can't remember what the other one is. I do know I helped my father remove 2 of them at his house that were almost as big. We used power saws to cut them back to the point we could pull them out with the truck. Holly's Ric
I sent you a dmail since I didn't know the local prodical. P.S. Holly didn't buy any plants.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

music2keep, it took a little thinking. I kept thinking Algave which was Agave, and yes it's an aloe, good job! later, Ric http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/17747/

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Holly, thanks for the tour! Awhile back I made a mental note to put Rawlings on my "to do" list next time we're in Baltimore - now I know I have to go! Although I never "tire easily" when looking at plants, your comment about problems with crowds or just wants to spend a nice afternoon around beautiful plants fits me to a "T" :)

Debbie

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Thanx Holly & Ric.....Great Tour! PItts. isn't that far away, maybe one of these days....
Well, I know I would have to leave with just One plant, at least! ;-)

Joey

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

There was an elderly couple there and the woman didn’t walk well. She would have had a lot of trouble in a more crowded area and I thought of some of my family members who don’t get out as much as they use to because they get to tired and mind the crowds.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Thank you so much for the lovely floral tour of Rawlings Conservatory! What a perfect activity for a cold raw November day!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.