Rawlings Conservatory Chrysanthemum Show Tour

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

We just got back from seeing the Chrysanthemum Display at the Rawlings Conservatory in Baltimore it is a very nice small Conservatory and we had a great time. We’re going back to see the Holiday Display Dec 9th thru Dec 31st.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

We entered the North Pavilion to beautiful displays of Mum. Sorry no pictures of the 3 gigantic Mum balls hanging from the ceiling but we did get a few other pictures.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

and more

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

And more. Some of these pictures are also from the South Pavilion

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

We all agreed that the most beautiful Mum was the St Tropez. This picture does not due justice to the true colors. To me they were a dark burgundy and the yellow was almost gold. My friend said a dark cranberry. But either way they were gorgeous. You can see them in one of the earlier pictures near some whites.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Some how I have no pictures from the Mediterranean House but that doesn’t really matter. The thing about the Mediterranean House is the smell. It hits you every time you walk through the room and it is wonderful. We kept going back just to smell the room.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Tired of Mums? Lets move on.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Let's tour the Tropical House

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

If I understand this right the Conservatory is part of the City of Baltimore Park system and relies heavily on Volunteers.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

More

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

This Prince of Orange Philodendron was also one of our favorites. I’m going to start a part 2 not sure how many pictures I should put in one thread. Hope I’m not boring you. Holly
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/671877/

This message was edited Nov 19, 2006 6:54 PM

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.