Post-Op Bariatric Procedure IV

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Whoever she is, Mrs. Osborne was on it, according to the ads.
xxx, Carrie

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

I saw but she didn`t seem like she should take it out until she does some work and inventory. She has bad reflux though so.... what is the lesser of two evils? She had cancer and that can prcurse stomach and esophigeal cancer so maybe for her it is a real issue. ?????????? I just got back from Laughlin( it is like Vegas but smaller and an hour away from it, in case you don`t know. It was fun but the slots were tight. I ate too much and feel depressed about it and can`t tell you how much i thought I wished I had you guys`s surgury so it would have been no issue. Merry Christmasn < happy Hannukkah(spelling??), Happy New year. Dawn

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

Thanks Dawn and Merry Christmas to you. Maybe someday you will be able to have the surgery?

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

hope

Went to a large meat market today called "Penn Dutch." They do not have the electric carts for people like me so I had to walk and use the shopping cart for support. This is a specialty market as my family goes there for me during the holidays and special times of the year for some of my polish kielbasa which is a fresh pork sausage that is hard to find. I went in with my son as it was not crowded and much to my joy I was able to walk all over the place without any ankle pain? It may be the sulindac(anti-inflammatory) or my continued weight loss or even a combination of both. I pray this lack of pain will last?

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

more good news yeah

Elizabethton (Stoney, TN(Zone 6b)

Way to go, T.
This has been a life-changing year for you.
I applaud your courage to 'go for it!'

2007 can only be better!

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Ted, I have been watching your progress and am so very happy things are going so well. Losing weight most certainly does make the every day moving around easier. As in the reverse when the weight is stacking on, things become more difficult, getting winded doing simple things.

I was taken aback when you mentioned Penn Dutch. That was the meat market there when I first moved down to Ft Lauderdale in 1978, and it is still there after all these years.........When everything else is forever changing......................

Molly
:^)))

Hello Everyone and especially Molly! So glad to hear from you although I've been watching your postings on other forums. Don't forget to start the strawberries? Penn Dutch expanded and going strong. LOL
Meanwhile went to Walmart today and could not get an electric cart right away and it didn't seem to matter to much as I was able to walk around for a good hour with the assistance of a shopping cart. Then I figured I'd better not push my luck and when a special cart became available I used it. All in all what a great day it was! Even stopped in at Circuit City for a few minutes to buy PC game but they didn't have what I wanted. I was looking for the Hoyle Bass Fishing cd. The sulindac must be making the difference. WOW!!!!!

Did not get a chance to post today but did weigh myself and back up to 248lbs which means I gained two lbs. I am having a good time and feeling great and I know it is the eggnog and rich treats that everyone keep bringing over. No one is breaking my arm not to eat but I'm enjoying the moment. I'll be glad when my son stops making that sinful eggnog of his....

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

You know you will lose it again, unlike myself

T - just a little detour for the holidays - no biggy.

We need to have our celebrations.

:-)

Most of all, the sulindac is really doing its job as I no longer have the unbearable pain in my shoulders. It is still there but very mild. I am able to do my chores in comfort. This disease is a combination of post polio syndrome and severe arthritis a very painful and debillitating illness. As long as the sulindac works, I can.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

gives me hope. No stomach distress so far T?

None whatever! I also take prilosec with the sulindac as a precaution.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Sulindac, hunh? DH doesn't accurately portray his degree of pain (arthritic and otherwise) when he goes to his MD. T, Happy New Year. I know you would be thrilled even if you were stuck at 245 - 250 for the next year but you and I both know you'll keep up with the weight loss. I hope 2007 is at least as good if 2006, if not better. You're still getting to know the normal weight person that was hiding in that overweight body for so long! Have fun with your new friend - you.

xxxxxx, Carrie

No, that's not what I meant!

I know what you mean. If your hubby is having the same pains have him ask his doctor about sulindac?

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

will try..........

xx, C

No more celebrating for now! It is back to weight loss and I have a bottle of water by my side. Put on a few extra pounds thanks to the eggnog and desert but it is all over now. I can see how easily one can slip back into old habits. Although I feel very guilty about doing so it was a good learning lesson for me. I can't eat much but deserts with their high caloric contents and mostly liquid form(eggnog & ice cream) can slip right through my tiny band area whereas solids (candy & breads) can not! Remember I still have a stomach it is just the entrance that is narrowed giving the stomach a feeling of being full with only a half cup of food. It is the contents that goes down easily that can be consumed in excess or as I say "gluttony." Harsh words but true. I tasted but now must restrain myself...... I will need my Higher Power to keep me on track!

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

that is true. My friend Bev had bypass 2 years ago but still eats sugar a lot so she lost a 100 lbs but still has 40 to go and knows she can not do it on her own without her higher power(God) in her case. She eats too many calories and drinks with food, so does my friend that I told you wished he had gotten the lap band because he got too skinny now and can not stop losing.

Your friend, the one that can't stop losing, that is unnecessary. The nutritionist regulates your food intake and if their advice is followed
the weight levels off. Your friend is not cooperating or has other problems.
As far as Bev is concerned the sugar should make her sick if she had the gastric by-pass? Drinking with her food enlarges the tiny stomach and if the drink is carbonated that is much worse. People do fight the system and will not obey the daily routine. They are the one's that bad mouth the program because they will not accept their responsibility but find it much easier to blame the surgery. In addition to the surgery they should go to "Overeaters Anonomyous."(spelling?)

This message was edited Jan 2, 2007 6:47 PM

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Ya she is basically sworn herself to what is the OA HOW program for this year.(we`l see how that goes). She does not at all do carbonation but she was drinking some alchohol which she is also giving up. She just realized it is true all the stuff that they tell you about. The surgury does not cure the disease. Food has been her friend for a long time. It is like the Sharon Ozzborne conversation we had. She needs to take her lap band off but has not learned any food discipline yet.

Ok! Dropped a pound to 247lbs. Not much but it is a start. Now I can see how easy it is for an overeater, as myself, can put on the weight. Well I'm back on track and will take it a day at a time from this point on!

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

It`s all we can do. I have been being real good and I know my body, I won`t lose a lb. until I have been consistant for 2 months and then 2 to 3 months thereafter till I plateau which only takes 1/2 a year for, me then I sit like a dang bird on an egg forever and usually give up being rigid by then and feel defeated.

Been there! Done that!

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Not only has it been the holidays I've just got back from New Orleans...I'm not steppin on a scale on threat of death LOL. But glad your back on track Tplant...your doing great!

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

lol

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

T plant, good work, keep it up, yaaaaaaay Tplant!

Had an appointment with my cardiologist today and passed with flying colors. No longer do I have to take any heart medication as I was taking a half of a pill of isorbide and did not like the after effects such as burning in my esophogus. Also unnecessary to take those drawn out cardiac tests. My blood pressure has been normal since my surgery and weight loss. Today it was 117 over 72 which is excellent considering I do not take any blood pressure meds. My next appointment is 7/10/07. I shall be a lot lighter by then.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

great news

Nicely done on the blood pressure, T.

Congrats again!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

WTG, T!

x, C.

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

TPlant,

Just stopping by to say Hello and wish you all the best for 2007

Judy

Thanks All! I appreciate your encouragement and wish you could join me?

Still weigh 247 but dropped a pants size as I just fit comfortably into a size 44 from a loose 46? This is good news even though my weight didn't drop, my bulk did. I know I could have lost the two pounds but I'm not drinking enough water. Can't help it? Oh well considering I started with a size 54 I think I'm doing OK!!!

PS -- I think it time to move this thread. Will someone do it for me?

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

You sound like me, i keep asking people to dmail me how to do it but they just do it for me. lol

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Here we go

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/683885/

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

lol it's very easy you just put your curser over the address bar (http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/671921/#new) and right click scroll down to copy and when you start your new thread you can move your curser to the message box, again right click and pick paste.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.