Pomegranate Wonderful

Wilsonville, OR(Zone 8b)

Hi,

I want to plant Pomegranate Wonderful next year, I am in the Willamette Valley, Oregon.

When would be the best time to get the trees in the ground? Anybody know good sources to buy the trees from?

Thanks,

Boel

Lodi, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi. No one answered you, so I will! Pomegranates are becoming very popular now and most nurseries will carry them. i know I've seen them at Lowe's. We have three Wonderfuls in our yard and I planted mine at various times. They're very easy. Just give them little to moderate water and full sun and they'll grow very fast. You can get a small one and it will sprout up in the heat of summer.

Longboat Key, FL

I planted two, two years ago.

They grow like crazy -- the blossoms are beautiful -- and the fruit is delicious. Trouble is that they ripen in the late summer and early fall, and my neighbors get to eat most of the output, before we get down here.

I planted them when the leaves had fallen in December. Ugly in winter -- but beautiful in spring and summer.

Good luck.

Wilsonville, OR(Zone 8b)

Thanks so much both of you!

New Braunfels, TX(Zone 8b)

Womack Nursery carries them - that's where I got mine (going to get them in the ground this weekend)

www.womacknursery.com

Longboat Key, FL

Good luck

: )

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.