Where 3 of the new beds are going :o)

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

The first photo is my main #1 project, (like the rain drops?) Where the privacy fence ends, I am going to add 2 sheets of lattice going south (t'ward where you see the 2 cotton wood my neighbor was suppose to cut down two months ago :( and didn't) , then 3 sheets going west toward dh's garage (2nd photo)...
I will start at the second to last of the privacy fence bringing it out and around to the last west pc of lattice.... this is where I want to do a pond / rock garden :o) as you can see I have to build it up due to standing water... Once it stops raining the standing water won't take to long to disappear, maybe 2 or 3 days at the most...

In the second picture, you get a little better view of where the 2nd and 3rd projects are going to go...

Thumbnail by pepsidrinker
La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Okay, this 2nd Picture it only shows the east side of dh's garage where my 2nd project is going to go :o)

I will start at the front end corner of the garage and come around where you see the 2 River Birch Trees and the Rose of Sharon that is in between them, to the back end of the garage. There will be just enough space between project 1 and project 2 for dh to mow between :o)...

The east side of the garage gets the morning sun, and by the privacy fence, it pretty much gets full sun... (except right up next to the privacy fence itself, it is some what shady in the morning. But gets the afternoon sun... (Hope that makes since to you all)

if you look at both photos you can see the 2 cotton wood trees that are on both mine and the neighbors property... Just west of them you can see my Lilac Bush, I am going to put a boomerrang shape bed with the LB in the middle of it... That is project 3...

Just west of that, behind the garage and shed (the shed sits behind dh's garage, you can't see it) Is where project 4 will be going, Not sure if I want all my poppies to go there or my grasses.

Hope you enjoy! Connie

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

We have several other projects that we are going to be doing, one more new one that is between our house and the privacy fence, that is completely shaded with stepping stones going right thru the middle of it...

Then we are going to completely redo our turn around both corners, and the very front of our house, along with extending our back patio and redoing all the plants around it..

So I am going to have my hands full come spring :o)

I am also going to be putting a new bed in at our church...

Connie

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

Hi Connie.......looken good so far........can't wait to see your gardens next Spring...I'll be sure to get in touch with you then....have some plants to share....

I won't forget about the *Hair Alliums* I promised you and Sue.....you girls will love them..!!

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks Dem :o)

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Ok the rain quit for a few, so I got a few more pictures.

This pic pretty much shows our back property, and even a little of the shed.

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

This one is a 4 in 1 photo, a little better than the first 2

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

ok this one is the sidebed, all shade

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

This one is our front project

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

The turn around project

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Patio and back behind my garage project

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

My River Birch trees and Rose of Sharon

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

This is where all my Winter Sowing will be on the picic tables, Got to move the blue over by the other one. But it gets the morning sun and afternoon shade on clear days.

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

This is my pet rock, my neighbor and his friends got out of all those trees way in the back of our property for me... Been wanting that rock moved to the front for 33 years.

Finally :o)

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

And last but not least, the project spot for our church.

As you can see, I really do have my hands full come spring, and good use for all the seeds I have been collecting :o)

The top pic, is from the front to back, the 2nd is from the back to front... and the last pic is from a side view to show the width.

Once all these projects are done, I will post lots and lots of pictures...

Connie

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

phew, I'm tired just reading about all you're doing.....

careful of WS stuff on picnic tables- they will fly off in a good wind.

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Oh they will have a frame around them, forgot to mention that lol... DH is going to make it for me...

cg

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.