Brown Iris

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

dmac,
I really like Chocolate Marmelade. I have never ordered from Cayeaux, though I have Eau de Vive that I bought through Schriners. Can one order directly from Cayeaux? I really enjoyed that site.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

I wish I could tell you:LOL: That site is so gorgeous! I've googled Chocolate Marmalade from time to time and can sometimes find it offered stateside. I usually find it when it's the wrong time planting wise or moneywise=) I'll have to check. I've ordered seeds from England with no problems but I'm not sure about tuber/bulbs. I just tried to email them but there's a problem with my email so I can't find out anything today...sorry:)

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Yes that is chocolate moose
It is a wonderful increaser and a wonderful flower standing up to our winds
and rain

Blandinsville, IL(Zone 5a)

Darn! My list keeps growing and growing.

I took sis for the biopsy yesterday, and her doctor said he was 80% sure that it might be sarcoidosis. We will know more when the tests come back. She was to have a follow-up for this next Monday, but he said since this is a holiday week, they might not be back, and since it is a 2 hour drive to his office he told us to call first thing Monday morning before heading out. There would be no sense in making the trip if the tests are not there.

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

WISHING EVERYONE A SAFE AND BLESSED THANKSGIVING

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

I'm drooling over "Toast and Honey" myself. Got to love those browns! Centurion is an old brown I just put in last year. Very tall & vigorous.

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

I like brown Lasso (at least I think thats the name) and Gingerbread Man one of my faves.

Here is Gingerbread Man.
Inanda

Thumbnail by inanda

I don't think of "Brown Lasso" BB as brown, but it is neat....

Joshua, TX(Zone 8a)

Margie, is the "Burgundy Brown" and "Hot Chocolate" still around? I don't think I've ever seen them on any list. Would love to find them.
I love "Brown Lasso" too, but everytime I go to the iris shows it's already sold out.
Another one that has somewhat of brown shading is "Dodge City". ~~~ Carol

Thumbnail by caganimalover
Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Duh... Another senior moment Wanda. Maybe Nessie. Will have to wait till next bloom season.
inanda

Joshua, TX(Zone 8a)

There is brown around the edges.

Thumbnail by caganimalover

I never thought I would like the "browns", but they mix in well with the other iris I grow.

Joshua, TX(Zone 8a)

I located a photo of Chocolate Swirl
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/1057317641032621402nmVzFI

Lebanon, OR

Another one, but it is a seedling

Thumbnail by irisloverdee
Joshua, TX(Zone 8a)

Avmoran, I just love your brown seedling. Are you trying to propagate more of it?

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

This is its maiden bloom
Next year it will be sent out to see how it does in different climates
I was sent to NM for the ARIL trek for 08 and hopefully it will do well and can be introduced
:)
A

Joshua, TX(Zone 8a)

Please be sure to keep us posted.

Wow, there are a bunch of beautiful browns, and my list keeps growing! Darn, all I want for Christmas is spring!

Annie

WOW! Now that's a seedling I could love!

Here is a real, real brown seedling hybridzed by our own Tazzy. It hitch-hiked to my home with historics she sent me--- Not introduced yet, but an incredible luminata she has named "Tazzy Baby". Grows better for me than in her Oklahoma sand!

Joshua, TX(Zone 8a)

Is she working on getting it introduced to be named?

Lebanon, OR

On the one that I posted I will register this year...do not know for sure the name, have 3 picked out so will see which one I really get, then should have enough stock to intro in 08-09

D

We are still waiting on Tazzy Baby. She is slow to increase like most luminatas. I've only had her for 3 years.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.