Chimaphila
Caulophyllum thalictroides
Gentiana Clausa
Hexastylis Aristolochiaceae
Jeffersonia Diphylla
Penstemon Eatonii

Swap, or I can arrange an SASE to be sent to you. Many thanks

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

What's your minimum (average) winter temps there? That will give me an idea of what you might can use. I'm always looking for Freesia Laxa (the bulb) seeds--any but the red variety. I have a lot of Penstemon's--just not the one you are mentioning.
Debbie

Las Cruces, NM

It's worth mentioning that Penstemon eatonii isn't what I'd call a woodland plant... at least from a vastly different ecology than the other plants you mention.

Patrick Alexander

Burwash Weald, United Kingdom(Zone 9b)

Thank you, Patrick, but I'm looking for it for another part of the garden and I thought I would be efficient and add it in here.

Las Cruces, NM

Cool. Just saw it as the odd man out in the list & wondered.

Patrick Alexander

We do have boughts of snow/frost, but on average it remains in the vicinity of 5C (thats about 41F). Last year was unusually dry, with a record low in rainfall. Hoping that is not going to be a new pattern. But if you think Seattle, or a bit further inland than that you have us pretty well benchmarked.

We can grow Freesia here under cover (My neighbor grows a large stand in her commercial polytunnel - and it is just heavanly to go in then when they are in bloom!) but we always have to start from commercially prepared corms and they never set seed. We just don't have the conditions.

Thanks for your interest, Laurie

Saint Bonifacius, MN(Zone 4a)

Send me a D-mail around June 20 (guessing here). Maybe I'll have J. diphylla seed for you. Don't have anything else on your list though.

Many thanks, Left wood, I will put that in my diary. How exciting.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

The New England Wildflower Society has some of those seeds. Here's their 2006 catalog. Since sales open for members in January, I would imagine their new catalog will be up soon.

http://www.newfs.org/seeds/index.htm#INDEX

Thank you Hart. I have drooled longingly over their catalogue in the past - but sadly, they won't send seeds outside the US. So I make long Christmas lists of their seeds and hope St. Nicolas will bring them along with a nice little bow and some mistletoe. Problem is he travels East to West, getting to us before he picks up at them. I must get him to go the other way next year!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Sorry, Laurie. I didn't even notice your address.

http://www.longacreplants.co.uk/perennials.htm plants of some here

Hart, you are absolutely right, thanks for reminding me. I actually have Longacre in my bookmark list and I never even thought of them. Think I'l let my mother-in-law pay for a couple of plants for my Christmas Present - that way I won't have to return it! Still looking for seed though, it is a big area I want to plant up.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Have you tried asking in the seed swap forum?

Cincinnati, OH

I will send Chimaphila, Pisolithus and Rhizopogon by the circuitous rout. You can't have one without the others. Chimaphila maculata normally has a white midrib. These have white extending into the veins.
Click on the picture and it will get larger.
http://www.hillkeep.ca/per%20chimaphila.htm

Larry!

Me me me me me!

Want want want want want!

Please, if you remember set aside some Chimaphila maculata as well as spores of Pisolithus and spores of Rhizopogon for me. I think I have an area where they will be fine here don't you? Habitat is mixed coniferous and deciduous forests, right? Slightly acidic pH right?

I have got to get off this computer and get back to cooking.

UUallace - my hand is in the air, yes please. Boy the Chimaphila is gorgeous!

I'll dmail you address - first paid work. Ohhhh, so glad I checked in early, and on Thanksgiving day! Many thanks

Hart - oh dear, I looked at the longacre catalogue and ordered. It was just too much temptation. I think I do have my request over on the seed swap forum too, just thought this was a much more direct route.

(Zone 7a)

Hi Laurie,

Glad I found your thread - I owe you some seed for your snapdragon 'Black Dragon' and am about to dmail you regarding our trade. If you can't get back to me, I'll just add them to my order. Happy New Year, All.

Thank you Bluespiral - I have sent you d mail.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.