Mandevilla cutting please help

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I just received a Mandevilla cutting from a great trade with Cordeledawg and need help getting it rooted. Could I get some suggestions on the best way to root this plant. Should I try it in water with a bubbler or roottone in potting soil and sand. Holly

Mansfield, TX(Zone 8a)

Holly,
I put a cutting in water a while back. It made a root and then rotted, so I'm going to try the rootone/potting soil method.
Sharon

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks Sharon, I was shearching through the threads and was thinking the same thing I think I need a heat mat . One of the threads mentioned bottom heat. Hope your does well mine is still hanging in there. Holly

Louisville, KY

Get some Olivia's Cloning gel and solution, Cut the stem at an angle and dip it in the gel. Buy some rockwool cubes and soak them in the solution. Make a hole the size of the stem using a nail. Don't use the hole alreay in the cube, they are usually too big. Insert cutting and put it in a black tray with a clear dome over it. Keep it under a light. Cool White Florescent lights are cheap but great. You should have roots in 2-3 weeks. Good luck!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Forevereden Thanks for the info.

I’m pretty new to propagation I’m picking up a seed table in the next couple of weeks. From a friend who doesn’t use it and I’ll be in need of some supplies. Could anyone suggest some good catalogs with propagation supplies? So far my supplies consist of roottone, water and potting soil. Also a good book on the subject. Holly

Mansfield, TX(Zone 8a)

Park seeds is having a sale on some of seed starting supplies with very good prices, so you might check there. I don't know about a good book, but have picked up LOTS of information going through old threads.

Sharon

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.