November BINGO, let the game begin!

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Yippee and I knew who she was but I also saw writing on the pot.
She is a cutie for sure by one of my favorite hybridizer Ethel Champion and a vintage you don't see often. Good luck to the luckt Bingo Winner winning all these wonderful leaves ! Oh yes maybe me.

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Gosh wow we posted same time

(Zone 1)

I finally have one on my list!

Thanks Violet_Treasure .... I wouldn't have known if you hadn't Identified it!

Lin

CJ you're good, you even beat my time on that one.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Whoops, that is why I should not post so late at night. I had this photo all ready to go, with the writing smudged out, but I didn't "preview" to be sure I had the right one! LOL, that'll teach me. Well, I didn't promise that *every* call would be such a puzzle!

I think we've already had our morning call... will post another one later in the day.

The sun has come out here! I think I'm going to go out and play, I mean, fertilize the lawn. ;-)

Thumbnail by critterologist
(Zone 1)

Ok Critter: Now I feel guilty! I have been sitting here on this computer for a couple of hours and I MUST go out and mow the lawn and get some things done in the yard also! I need to go buy fertilizer and do that too! Fun!

I'm loving this DG website almost as much as I love playing in the dirt! LOL

Lin

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

Whoo hoo!! I have that one!!! ; )

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

There are two very similar trailers on our list, and this next call is one of them. It's a young plant, and this is its first bloom. It's a lovely dark blue, showing just a little pink in this bloom (no pink in the description)... I think it's going to be one of my favorites!

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

Hi critter- glad I just came on! ; ) I'm going to guess Yesterday's Child.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

yes, that is my guess as well.

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

That sure doesn't look like the beginning of a 'Y' on the label, though. lol

(Zone 1)

I did a google search and it sure looks like a photo I saw of Yesterday's Child.

Lin

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Another point for CJ! Good eye, both of you! I love the foliage on the "Yesterday's" series... if you haven't seen my photo yet of her big sister, you're going to love it when it's called!

LOL, I think that label is in backwards, and I put other info on the back... no need to smudge this shot in the photo editor!

It opened another bloom at the same time, and the other was pure blue. So pretty!

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

Cool ; ) I thought I'd be wrong on that one since the label didn't seem to agree. haha

Chris has been pretty clingy and grumpy today. I think he's coming down with something (right when my hubby asked me out on a date for tomorrow, too....lol). But I figured I'd for sure missed your call today. You like to surprise us with your timing, don't you? lol

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Good morning! Wow, I barely made it under the wire for an AM call...

The crown variegation in the description isn't obvious on this one, but what a cutie!

Red Oak, NC(Zone 7b)

I love this new way of posting the call! It helps for those of us that are new. Too bad i'm doing so badly at my picks. Help me out here, critter!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'll let you blow on my dice for the next call....

BTW, the above is a photo I've posted more than once before...

Here's another shot of this plant showing a little sucker that I separated after it grew a little larger. Sometimes I lose sucker cuttings, especially if they're small or if I've done a poor job of trying to remove them... but generally I put them down in one of my vented salad containers (extra humidity is a good thing in MD) and they get roots and start growing pretty quickly. It's a quicker gratification route to propagating, so it's not always a bad thing when a plant starts suckering (mine are prone to do so if stressed or crown damaged).

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Robs Cherry Soda?? : )

(Zone 1)

oooh! So pretty, whoever he/she is!

Lin

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Yes! That's another point for you! :-)

CJ, I hope Chris is having a better day. DH stayed home from work yesterday, coming down with something and trying to shake it. He's a little better this morning, but will probably work from home and then have to go in to work over the weekend.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Oh man, I have now have two. So excited. I am not doing very well, enjoying the pics even though I don't know what they are until some names them for me. They are so pretty, Critter.

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Well If I wouldn't have gotten that one right I would have went Bonkers for sure.That is one I actually have!! LOL : ) This is so much fun! : )
Nancy

(Zone 1)

Oooooh! Now I have 3!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

The next call is a plant that charmed me immediately when I spotted it at the Violet Gallery... I love the way the blooms hover like a cloud of dancing butterflies... this one just sparkles!

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Optimara Little Crystal : )

Grand Forks, BC(Zone 5b)

Is it "Lil Bit o’ Irish"?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Nancy, you got another one!

Good guess, Don, given the Belleek pot... sorry.

Here's a closer look at the bloom. This photo was taken when I brought the plant home -- can you see why I fell in love with it?

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

OK,That will be the last of my lucky streak probably!! I almost guessed the same as you Don when I first saw the pot but I remembered Critter mentioning in a thread once about the pot being given to her I believe from her mother? I really loved the plant and pot when I first saw it. Can't believe I actually remembered something.LOL

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

You're right again... good memory! My mom brought it back from a trip they took to Ireland. I do think it needs a different plant in it, maybe 'Irish Flirt' or 'Lil Bit o Irish'... but it looks great with 'Milky Way Trail' too... I think white blooms and lighter/brighter green foliage are the key!

(Zone 1)

Oh yea! Now I have 4!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

TGIF bonus call!!

Here's another one that I loved at first sight and loved even more when it bloomed! Unfortunately, the plant in the photo was a vacation casualty... but I have a leaf baby, so I am hopeful.

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

OMG Trinket Terriffic???

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

If I get this one right you are all gonna think all I do is lurk around here all day : ) LOL Keeping fingers Crossed : )
Nancy

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Woohooo!! Congratulations!

BTW, Jim saw your answer and thought you should be penalized for the typo, but I don't think so... I always want to put an extra "f" in terrific! Jim is just feeling crochety tonight, LOL

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Now Critter tell Jim to be nice.I was just typing to fast : ) I get so excited I tend to get ahead of myself : ) Its sad I never had that one on my card though : ( Very Pretty!!

(Zone 1)

Woohoo! Now I have 5!!

Thanks y'all for ID'ing these by the pictures! I wouldn't have even one if that's the only way we had to ID!

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Wow Lin,You are doing alot better than me. Good Job! I have been pretty good,(today anyway) LOL, at id'ing them but that isn't going to win me the Bingo game now is it!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Lin & Nancy, you didn't read all the way through the first post! ;-)

"I will not keep you guessing forever, however. By the end of each day, I will post the name(s) of the AV(s) called that day. The person who gets the most correct IDs (first person to post the ID) will also win a prize (to be determined)."

We've had some quick IDs so far, but if nobody could tell which plant it was from the photo or from my description, I would eventually post the name, not to worry.

I think I have enough "donors" for 3 leaf boxes at least -- if more than 2 people get Bingo on the same call, then we will see what I can scrounge up for the winner of the ID contest LOL. So ID-ing the plants could win you a box of leaves or something more random, but I will find something fun to send to all the winners. I think I ought to see about coming up with a little something for the person with the fewest calls at the end of the game also, even if it's something non-gessie related like seeds (I've got a nice little collection of basils). We will see how it all works out.

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Critter,You are right.I must have skipped over it.Oh that makes it even more exciting! : )

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Here's another call for the early birds, or maybe for the night owls...

I may not get online in the morning, as Snowrose is coming by for me far too early (well, it wouldn't be too early if I didn't have insomnia keeping me awake at this hour)... So you may have to wait until late afternoon for me to confirm the ID (and incidentally to post the next call). Wish we could all be meeting up tomorrow! :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.