Small scale landscaping question

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi,

I've done a lot of hardscaping on my yard and I'm putting in the finishing touches which I think can make or break it if your going for a cottage look. I have a 12' long curved walkway made of arizona flagstone in sand. On either side is a border where I plan to plant some shade loving plants (the walkway is mostly decorative - not much traffic). I'm trying to figure out a creative small scale decorative edging that would finish off the hardscaping in that area. The only thing I can think of is the round 3" diameter or so "logs" that are on end. Nothing wrong with these - just wanted to consider other options - even something that I would make. Only need about 4-6" of height and there are some tight (about 3') radius curves. Square stones would probably not work well due to the tight curves.

Thanks

This thread has 23 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!