What a gorgeous day!!!

Crozet, VA

Don't you all agree? I am inside taking a break from being outside and pulling some weeds and trimming back foliage on some plants. I originally went outside about an hour ago with hubby so that I could show him where I wanted the plants put. Well, so far we have three in the ground out of about 12 or so that were shipped live.

I also have at least 12 packages of bare roots awaiting planting too. At the moment I am even too tired to think about that. As for the live plants outside, I will have to catch my breath a bit first. We got sooooo side tracked that it isn't funny. The day has not gone as planned, that is for sure.

The contractor and his helper showed up bright and early. They have mainly been sitting around waiting for the windows to be delivered. The windows showed up at about 1 o'clock and the main one, the bay window was the wrong size. They sent a window that was almost double the size that we ordered. Bummer!!! It took about a month for the window to come in after it was ordered. I haven't decided if I will put off installation until next spring, or go ahead whenever we can get the correct window in.

I am sitting watching the contractors work on the garden window in the kitchen. It will be nice, but I was especially looking forward to the big bay window. I took 3 rolling carts full of plants to the spare room last night in order for there to be space for the workers to get around in the living room. After while I might take a picture of the bedroom with all of the plants in it. I didn't realize I had so many plants to tell the truth.

I still have some color in my front flower bed. The celosia in red and gold are still very bright and pretty. I still have a good size area with pink zinnia that are still looking pretty well. Cutting back the dead foliage made things look a bit better. Oh yeah, John dug up our two elephants ears earlier and there are still dahlia, gladiolus and caladium to dig for winter storage. So much to do.

Tomorrow is supposed to be another nice day like today and then getting cooler towards the end of the week again. So, tomorrow we will try to get in the bare root plants in and dig up the other things if we have time.

Just checking in folks. I hope that everyone will have a good week coming up. Enjoy the weather all.

Ruby

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ruby,
You are so right...gorgeous weather...I'm viewing it from inside unfortuntely but having huge windows in my office is a plus!!! I'm sorry to hear about the bay window challenge...so frustrating, I'm sure!!!
This is my favorite time of year...just beautiful!! I had to take my van out to "God's country" - aka Stanley (past Front Royal) last night. What a magnificant scene to see enroute!! The mountains with the sunsetting and then a clear, crisp autumn sky filled with stars..just breath taking!!

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Ruby, have you thought about "heeling in" those bare root plants till spring. That will give you some time.

So sorry about your window, I had trouble with my new front storm door last spring, they sent the new door with the opening the right way, but the storm door opened the opposite way, good thing it was caught before my contractor sawed off the old door.

Oh! do take a picture of your "garden" bedroom, just think of all the O2 you will be getting while you sleep. LOL

I too enjoyed the day through the office window, I just love it when my patients say, "What a beautiful day, you should be out side enjoying it" Talk about rubbing it in!

Chris

Crozet, VA

Hi Ladies - Chris, please explain heeling in. Thank you hon.

Ruby

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Mornin' you all!
Ruby ~ I hate that your window was the wrong one....:-( But I am confident that things will work out.

Chantell, I just love to take small road trips...on glorious days! It can really boost the spirit! ;-)

Chris, is "heeling" mean putting them to soak for a couple of days? I'm curious, too.

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Heeling in...... see link, will explain better then I can.

http://www.organicgardening.com/featureprint/1,7759,s-2-28-988,00.html

I also have a small "nursery" area near my deck that is in a protective spot, out of direct sun, still gets rain. I save large pots that I get from buying other plants and use these to hold over new baby plants till I find a place to plant them, keeps them from getting root bound and they get TLC till they get bigger. In the fall I pile leaves around the pots for added protection.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.