We have 8" of white...

Deer Lodge, MT(Zone 4a)

Yup...we have 8" of snow!...Can't get over it...was 69 on Saturday and spent it cleaning up perennials....was and gorgeous on Sunday too at 65 and enjoyed the day continuing to work on perennials....however, the storm they said was gonna hit...hit with a vengance...but didn't expect this much....so we went from 65 to 12 right now in less than 12 hours....don't know that I'm completely thrilled with this stuff or not, but hey, if you're gonna live in the mountains or Montana for that matter...always be prepared for it....I'll get a pic posted later today if I get the chance....

Ed

(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

We had one like that last week here in Denver. We still have a bit of snow left, but most is gone, and it's supposed to be 65F. I had some clients from Minnesota here during that blizzard, and they were astonished that it was all gone so quickly. 8" one day, gone the next and 65F.

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

I agree, what crazy weather. We got about 14 inches here last week...I've never seen more than 3 inches fall and stick during my upbringing in Texas. We still have a couple patches on our lawn (after over a week of 50+ temperatures) and lots of dirty piles on the sides of the roads. How much of the winter is there snow? I had imagined it as 4 full months of white, but I guess maybe I assumed wrong?

Centennial, CO(Zone 5b)

heh. Even if it snowed every week (which it does NOT), the snow would melt off quickly because of the intense sunlight. What you saw last week was completely normal. And this week we will have several days of high 60's and 70's -- again completely normal for colorado. Just wait until you see January and February!

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

uh oh, what happens then??

Centennial, CO(Zone 5b)

alternating highs (50's) and lows (sub zero) it is quite crazy making, let me tell you. BUt there is nothing like the bright blue colorado sky in February to get you ready for spring.

(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

The Denver January thaw usually brings temps of 70+, just when I begin to despair about winter. Then I start looking at garden catalogs and planning for summer.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.