I have some forsythia seeds to trade

Belleville , IL(Zone 6b)

I tried these last year to see if they would germinate. It is pretty easy to propagate from cuttings, but more fun to grow your own from seed. Anyone want to trade for any other shrub seeds? The cardinals seem to like the seeds as they were in the bush this morning picking at them.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Windy, this is the first year I have noticed the seeds on mine...they may not have been mature enough till this year, I don't know...but I was very surprised..yes the birds have been in my bushes as well..I am sure someone will want to try these...have you grown bushes that have flowered from the seed? How awesome that would be!
JanetS

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

I would luv to try some, Windy. What kind of seeds are you looking for?
:) Donna

Belleville , IL(Zone 6b)

Do you have seeds from any other shrubs, Donna?
No Janet, I haven't had any that are flowering size from seed. It probably would flower, though, I don't see why not. It would probably be something other than the parent plant, which would make it unique also.

hi windy...i would like to try the forsythia seed...i have two kinds of lavatera shrubs barnsley and eyecatcher...im almost out of eyecatcher tho as i didnt collect enough this year..i also have oregon grape i did see berries on it the other day but i do not know if there still are some

pamsue

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.