who's a good person at identifying seeds from chaff?

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

i have a plant eupatorium greggii. i can't tell which is seed and which is flower parts. if i sent someone some flower heads can you isolate seeds for me and send them back to me in my sasbe? thanks.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

here's a picture of the seeds...hope this helps.

http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/120029/

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

thank you melody. i never noticed that seed picture. i will be out looking today. barb

Yorkshire,

Hey Barb, I'll do that for you if you'll clean my Heuchera seeds for me...they're horrible to clean and seperate seeds from chaff...and if you sneeze or breath heavily you lose the lot.
LOL

Terri

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

i didn't realize how that sounded when i posted it. hahahaha i just wanted to know what part was the seed, honestly. and i don't do heuchera as it is too hot for them here. also, i found some more daylily seeds and some asiatic seeds for you. you want them?

Yorkshire,

Hahaha, that's a neat way of getting out of cleaning Heucheras...blaming the heat. It couldn't be because you're as bad as me at IDing the seeds....could it??? LOL
Oh, you bet I'd love to have the other seeds, all the more to keep me out of mischief ...chance would be a fine thing.
How are the kids enjoying Halloween?

Terri

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

i can't tell what a seed is when it's not round and distinct. hahaha and i hope that that picture they showed me is magnified about 400 times because what i found that i thought could be the seed was no where near that size.

well we are getting ready and will be off soon. my daughter is 12 and is too good for me this year. hahaha she is going with a little friend. i am taking my son and 2 other boys so that ought to be fun. boys just don't worry about the same things as girls, thank God.

i will put those seeds in your pack when i get them. did you need scarlet milkweed or douple purple and white datura? i put some red m.g. in. would you like some yellow cleome...........cleome lutea? i don't know how it's going to grow in a regular garden as my seeds came from utah and i think semi-desert conditons. so don't know if you could grow them at all but would be happy to send some for you to try.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.