Newbie to WS...question..

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

When do you start your containers...I keep waiting to see something that says "GARDENERS start your containers!" LOL I have soil and containers and seed ready..just not sure when it is time to get them done and outside...is there somewhere that states when to start for your zone, or do you just get it going when you can...thanks for all the great info on this forum!
JanetS

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Janet this is a great site to read and it tells how and when. http://www.wintersown.org/
From reading in other forum, alot of ppl start in January, some start on December 21st, it is know as the winter soltice... and then there are others that start in February... I personally am going to start in January, and maybe some of the same in February, (I may start a few in Dec) I am still reseaching my seeds for germination etc... Some of the seeds I have I won't plant until after the last frost here in May... Still got alot of reading a head of me lol..

Connie

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks so much!

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Your welcome, :o) cg

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

JanetS that site wintersowing is a great site and very informative. I'm starting mine when I can't stand it any more. After Christmas that is..lol

Albrightsville, PA(Zone 4a)

I start after christmas too. I usually just do a few bottles a day. I will start seed shopping soon though. Was looking at some today. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.