wintersowing seeds for SSABE

Albrightsville, PA(Zone 4a)

I have some rudbeckia and red barberry bush seeds and I will have some tall sedum varieties in a week or so. Anyone interested can send me a SSABE - 52 cent postage on bubble envelop.
I'll probably have more things as I go through my seed box.
Pam
red barberry bush
tall sedums
hosta
turtlehead-lt pink
ligularia - from Britt-Marie Crawford - don't know if it comes true
ligularia - from Othello

This message was edited Oct 24, 2006 7:56 AM

This message was edited Oct 24, 2006 2:27 PM

Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

The standard cost of postage for a bubble envelope is 52 cents.

Thanks, Beaker! I forgot they went up - lol

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi woodthrush,

I would love to try some of your turtlehead :o) What color do you have?

Connie

The light pink is ready. I'm hoping there's time for the dark rose to mature.

Thumbnail by woodthrush
La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

oh those are pretty,

Connie

Flemingsburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi Pam
I sent you a sasbe. I think I only sent you 49cents. Sorry. Just wasn't thinking. Pauletta

Sultan, WA(Zone 8a)

I'm interested in how you went about collecting seeds from your tall sedum. I never noticed they produced any!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Pam: If you have more turtlehead seeds (both colors, if available) and the two liguilarias, I'd love them! Can you add them to the package you are already sending me? If not, I'll send an SASBE. I wish I could support the barberry, but it needs full sun (no?), of which we have almost none.

When the bloom heads start to turn brown cut them off and take them inside. I will lay them on newspaper or paper towels for a few days to air dry. The seeds are very, very, very tiny. I cut the little dried, flower cluster heads off and let them dry further. You will see, tiny little seeds fall on the paper from them.

Devon, I have one more box from the amaryllis co-op to send you, I'll put some of the light pink turtlehead and ligularia's in it, but the dark pink hasn't begun to dry yet. Our barberry gets about 1/2 a day of sun. I have a ton of tiarella seedlings that sprouted too. I'm leaving them grow until next spring, but then I'll send you some.

Sultan, WA(Zone 8a)

Thanks woodthrush, I'm going to go out today and see I can't get some of mine to show me their seeds.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Pam!!! I'm excited! Can you tuck in a couple barberry seeds -- I think I can find 4 hours of sun . . . Wheee!

If you sent me SSABE's, I'll be mailing later this week. Just waiting for a few more things to dry before sending.

Woodthrush~ am I too late for your generous offer?

Garden6 - you can still send a SSABE - I have lots.
Pam

Thanks Pam , will send it later today. Thanks again for your generous offer! ;0)

Madison, WI

I'd love these please:
tall sedums
hosta
turtlehead-lt pink
ligularia - from Britt-Marie Crawford
ligularia - from Othello

Can I send SASBE?

Enya - My address is in the exchange. I'm drying more sedum right now too and I have some stokesia Klaus Jelitto I picked today. I love this one.

Thumbnail by woodthrush
Madison, WI

It does look very pretty and is hardy to my zone, which is great!
I'd like this one too. I will send you SASBE with tomorrow's mail.

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

oh Pam that is a beauty,

Connie

This message was edited Nov 7, 2006 11:28 AM

(Zone 7a)

I'd love some turtlehead, too. Would you like for me to send you some seed from Actaea simplex 'Elstead' (syn. Cimifuga simplex 'Elstead' - later blooming and fragrant) and pink Japanese anemone (a little earlier than others around here in August, about 3')?

I posted this yesterday but it seems to have disappeared - perhaps I didn't hit the send button?

Kerhonkson, NY(Zone 5a)

I'd love some tall sedums -- I've never grown them from seed and plant files doesn't say anything about seed -- how long does it take to get some blooms?

hi pam do you have more of the stokesia klaus jellitto for sasbe?
let me know please and thanks:)

pamsue

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi Pam, did you ever receive my BE for the turtlehead?

Also did you get any seed from the dark rosed ones?

Connie

thats why i use the name pamsue because too many pams :)

If I got an envelope from you, it's on the way back. Sorry for the delay, my ceramic sales on ebay have been picking up for christmas. The sedum seeds are very tiny. I just put the seed heads in the envelopes. The seeds are little specks, so I just crumble the heads over the potting soil. My seedlings grews this year but did not bloom. They may for you, but I don't have enough full sun in my yard. I did get plenty of seeds from Klaus jelitto and the dark pink turtlehead. I tried to give everyone a variety plus a few other things I had.

Blue Spiral - I'd love to try the cimifuga and anemones if you still have some left.
PamSue - yes I still have stokesia and turtlehead left. And, no, there's never enough Pam's! lol

I did a little seed shopping at valueseeds.com They have great prices. Anyone checked them out yet?

(Zone 7a)

thanks Woodthrush - will send 'em over. There was a thread last year on ValueSeeds, and from what I can tell, everyone was pretty happy with the seed they received. Mine germinated fine. I understand valueseeds is selling extra stock from Thompson & Morgan.

pamsue, I can send what we agreed on, but were you investigating MGs on your end? T-day is almost here - no hurry

hi pam :)..ok i will send you a sasbe by tomorrow for the stokes aster and the turtlehead and thanks for your offer!

pamsue

hi karen...ok i will send you an email.
pamsue

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi Pam,
Thanks will be watching for them... Yes I have ordered 3 times so far this year from value seeds, can't beat the price or the shipping cost :o)

Connie

wow connie..i better check them out...i didnt have any luck with my phlox seeds i got from them last year so i wasnt sure about them..but if they do have good seeds then i should go back...
pamsue

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Hello,
Am I to late for some Turtle heads? I dont care what color those are so cute...If not that is ok...
Thanks,
Susan,Va.

Flemingsburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi woodthrush
I received my seeds!!!! Thank you very much!!!! You are very generous... I just can't wait to see them growing...Hurry up Spring...Pauletta

Woodthrush~ WOOHOOOO!.. I received your generous gift of seeds today as well. Bouquets of thanks to you! I'm looking forward to Spring to happily play in the garden! Will practice taking good photos with my new digital camera!! ;0)

Madison, WI

woodthrush,
I have not got the seeds. I wonder if my SASBE got lost. Could I send another one?

Enya
I found your envelope. sorry, I had put it with some others for something else. I'll send your seeds out with tomorrow's mail. I still have some turtlehead and stokesia and others, if anyone else wants some. I'm in the address exchange, send SSABE.
Ebay's keeping me busy, but I'll try to catch up when I can.
Pam

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.