Octobers' daily weather # 4, wet, sunny, and very bright!

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Well we are certainly busy here this month. I think we have already broken "daily weather report" records. And all your beautiful pictures.
I am somewhat sentimental today, so I want you each to be sure and tell those that deserve it that you love them.;)
We came from http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/661491/ where there are many links posted for you to check out on one of these "stay in the house" afternoons or evenings.
It took me about 15 min. to download this.
Please come by and post often.
This tree was the gem of the area for blocks.
Love to all,
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Up to 52.0°(F), 83%, delivered the pc to DW's BIL without incendent. Now ready to rest.

(Zone 5a)

Sidney that is a fabulous tree!
Just got back inside - was outside raking leaves in this wonderful brisk winter weather :-) It's been a great day! It's a little over 4:30 pm - just over an hour until sunset and the sun's getting pretty low on the horizon ....

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Whine, whine, whine. We not only don't have any rain, now we are losing the humidity too! Read this......

".. Fire Weather Watch in effect from Tuesday morning through
Tuesday afternoon...

The National Weather Service in Melbourne has issued a Fire
Weather Watch. A very dry airmass will affect east central Florida Tuesday. Long
durations of critical relative humidity possible and this watch will
likely be upgraded to a warning for part or all of the region
by Monday.

A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather
conditions... long durations of low relative humidity or a
combination of low relative humidity and strong winds... are
possible between 24 and 72 hours."

(sigh)
Pati

PS to Sugar. If you HAD to go north, you sure picked the best time of the year to do it!

This message was edited Oct 22, 2006 1:21 PM

Pati, it's just wonderful to hear you whine, so get some good cheese to go with it. I'm eliminating and re-organizing my traveling work wardrobe today. as usual I have over bought. Also the Polar fleece things are almost too warm for anything above freezeing. So I perspire alot. Being wet in the cold wind is cold, you get my drift. I just wrote on Nap's Buffalo snow thread.
I do hope I get to work starting tomorrow night. I am going to nail down a dog friendly motel close to where I want to go to work.
Filling out and mailing my absentee ballot today also.
Take care.
Sidney

(Zone 3b)

It's just barely still morning, 11:57am, 32 very gray degrees and no wind. No sunlight either. Sunrise: 8:59/ Set/6:21....After reading the pop. stats that have been posted, thought I'd add some from here.
Palmer: 5,474.
State of Alaska: area: 570,374 sq miles., population: 655,435.
Anchorage covers 1,697 sq. miles of land and 264 sq. miles of water.
42 percent of the population in Alaska live in the Anchorage area, 277,498.
It's 2,435 road miles to our nearest State;
Other than Anchorage, the only other "real" city, one the road system, is Fairbanks, about 400 miles from here. There are few "real" towns and not much of a road system. But, nevertheless, the big box stores are arriving as this area of Palmer/Wasilla is rapidly growing.
The stats came from the "Milepost"...the book of maps and info for getting to Alaska.
Again, the photos are such a great way to start the day...the bright colors and water; so many pretty places..
kiska

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Afternoon Guys & Gals ~ it's 61* & cloudy...

Kiska: That is more my size (where you live). I prefer solitude or at least semi- solitudeness! LOL ~ is there such a word?
I had to take a break from all this Biology! I'm either getting Brain Drain or Brain Strain!!! :-D

Pati, hang in there ~ there's still hope of getting some rain. :-))The weatherman/woman is never 100% correct. And you can take that to the bank! But I'll get out the Native American music & do a dance as well. I need the exercise, anyway. It definitely gets the blood pumping! (but last time I twisted my ankle, cuz I wasn't watching where I was putting my feet!) Yep, got a little carried away. :-D

Gotta get the music out!

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
(Zone 5a)

kiska there was a story on the news a few days back about a pizza-place that delivers pizzas by plane in Alaska. Can't remember the name of it. Not often we get news of Alaska. Thought it was pretty amazing! Our road system isn't very good - but there are roads to all towns here although some are pretty bad. But then again Alaska is so incredibly huge!

(Zone 5a)

Joey - you posted while I was typing. Yet another great photo! I can't remember if I commented on the last two you posted on the other thread - but those falls are so pretty! And I liked the bench where you can sit and take it all in.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Rannveig, In the summer you can sit there, close your eyes & dream away. When I'm stressed ~ that's where I go. The sound of the water & the warmth of the sun...it's Great! That's why I love solitude.

Thumbnail by music2keep
(Zone 3b)

Music2keep: - taking photos is certainly one way to relax and take a break.. And, I like your new word; due to the growth here in the Valley, though, it's going by the wayside...
Rann - planes, bush planes in particular, are widely used..the number of private planes is huge, just can't remember the numbers. There are commercial flights to Southeast, to the Interior and out on the Aluetian Chain.
Yesterday's photo from my location; Palmer in the distance.
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 3b)

After some cropping and enlarging, this may show Palmer a bit better. The large silver "ball" is the water tower in town.
Good luck on the tests tomorrow.
kiska

This message was edited Oct 22, 2006 1:56 PM

This message was edited Oct 22, 2006 1:56 PM

Thumbnail by kiska
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Thanx, Kiska. I suppose I need to start supper. It's potato soup tonight. Then I will get back to some more studying.

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
(Zone 5a)

Joey - good luck on your tests tomorrow! I can imagine that it's a great place to relax - I love solitude too - and the sound of water :-) Not terribly difficult to get solitude here fortunately!

Kiska - I like that photo - I love to see a glimpse of your surroundings! Thanks!

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Light is fadeing, 63.7° and falling, 62%, got to wake the wife for work in a ½ hour. Been pleasant wx today.

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

This has been the third or fourth beautiful weekend in a row.
We had another light frost this morning, not much left for flowers. The Malvas are OK.
Lots of Fall clean up is going on, all my Dahlias and Glads are in the basement.
Low temp was 34, high 59. A sunny morning and afternoon lead to a cloudy sunset with rain expected over night.
Here are Butterfly Weed seeds after the rain.
Andy P

Thumbnail by Sarahskeeper
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Sidney - That is one gorgeous tree!
Pati - I'm praying for rain for y'all. Those fire watches/warnings are the worst. I'll join Joey in a rain dance as well!
Joey - I'd just get "dain bramaged" by all that studying!! Good luck on your tests! I'm pulling for ya'! The pictures you submitted are very pretty. I'd go to sleep with all that peace and quiet. I do love my P&Q - that's why I live in a small community. I don't do big cities except for brief visitis.
Potato Soup sounds good - I might have to make that tomorrow night. Tonight it's Spaghetti with Eggplant, Butternut Squash and Shrimp!
We're getting cooler (not right now still 88), but tomorrow morning's low is 62 and the high is 72 (WooHooooo Fall is back)! 30% chance of thunderstorms tonight.
Three of our protected live oaks heading into downtown.

Thumbnail by MySharona
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Sharon, it's amazing how much your live oaks look like the coast live oaks we have out here. They're protected here, too, at least in some counties.

Pretty much the same weather as yesterday.

Updated: 3:51 PM PDT on October 22, 2006
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
88 °F / 31 °C
Clear
Humidity: 15%
Dew Point: 34 °F / 1 °C
Wind: 10 mph / 17 km/h from the SE

(Zone 5a)

Andy - nice photo! Sounds like you've had some lovely fall weather for the past weeks ! I'm amazed by how much difference there is in your highs and lows - If we'd have a low of 34 the high wouldn't be more than 45!
Sharon - those are some nice looking trees - the branches almost reach all the way accross the street! Cast some nice shade - which is a good thing in Florida - that I remember! lol

(Zone 3b)

4pm., 38 degrees and another snowless day in October!.Bet some of you wish you could say the same :). There certainly has been damage to trees from the photos I've seen posted on another site.
MySharona : thanks for the reminder to check on the weather in Cancun come November. I'd really not even considered that the water would be warm...what a wonderful concept! Nice trees, too.
And, Sugarweed, that tree is stunning..have a good week..
kiska

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Hey! Everybody! It's 55* & quite pleasant.

Andy! Glad you joined us! Sounds like you've been busy...:-)) And what a unique shot!
Sharon, Love Those Oaks! They are Huge!
Rannveig, I'm glad that you have enjoyed my pix. I don't share them with just anyone. ;-)) I have grow very fond of everyone on this thread. You're a special bunch of folks. :-)

Thanx, all for the good test wishes! I've given up on it....if I don't know it by now, I never will! :-D

Good night all!

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

Oh Andy I love that picture and would give my eye-tooth to get Butterfly weed to grow in my yard. I have invested at least $100. on BF weed to no avail. I do okay with swamp milkweed but butterfly has been my life-long favorite.
I collected pods from the plants pictured 2 weeks back, but they aren't butterfly.
It's very mild out and I am packing as we speak.
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed

Andy - great picture!
Kelli & Joey - we've got a lot of the live oaks. They don't grow as tall as other trees (they are tall) and they cast out long twisted branches. Thye are very beautiful.
Sidney - don't feel bad, I can't get BF weed to take in my yard either! Where are you heading?
Here we go! It's nice outside!
Overcast
Temp: 66°F
Humidity: 68%
Wind Speed: NW 10 MPH
Barometer: 29.98 in.
Dewpoint: 55°F
Heat Index: 75°F
Wind Chill: 66°F
High today 71°F
Sharon - thisis the landscaping where I work!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Morning All! It's 44* here & quite Dark. :-)

It's spittting a little snow in Bluefield (at school), where it is 36* & which is prime temp.
Sidney, you have found a place that will allow you pretty pup?
Sharon, That's my other favorite past time! Landscaping! :-)) Ahhh...
Kiska, I meant to mention last night ~ it looks as if Palmer is rather spread out & that you are really Out of town.
How many miles away is it from you? It looks alot like Bluefield or Princeton here.

Well, gottat get ready for school.
Have a Great Day Everybody!

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
(Zone 5a)

Good morning!
It's yet another beautiful day - clear skies, calm winds and cold! It's only around 30 - freezing! I guess winter really is here! Sunrise was at 8:42 and sunset will be at 5:41 pm
We had steaks for dinner last night and the cold didn't stop my DH from grilling them outside! :-) Not bad for late October!

Joey - thanks so much for sharing all these wonderful photos - I agree with you - you guys on this thread are a special bunch! I enjoy hearing from you all and seeing your photos so much :-) And good luck on your tests!!

Sharon - I like the trees in your last photo - It's like a giant tree with many trunks :-)

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

44.1°(F), 61%, sunny, bright, have not ventured out yet (I'm getting sorry).

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

85° F | 52° F forecast today; same as yesterday, but with a few clouds. Still lots of gardening going on---a benefit of a long growing season and mild winter, but sometimes makes you want an early snow. A friend who moved to Idaho from here last year had frost and snow already and says you're forced to relegate outdoor gardening activities to the next spring.

Keep the pics coming. . . . feel like I'm on a world tour. . .breathtaking scenery. Here's another hot air baloon shot from my back yard a few week ago. Janet

Thumbnail by jcangemi

Oh Janet thanks for coming by. I love those hot air baloons and can remember thinking we were being invaded by the swooshies when they came from over the mountain and behind the house.
Still waiting for a call from the hall here in NJ
53.1 °F / 11.7 °C
Clear
Humidity: 38%
Dew Point: 28 °F / -2 °C
Wind: 4.0 mph / 6.4 km/h from the West
Wind Gust: 15.9 mph / 25.6 km/h
Very sunny
Sidney

(Zone 3b)

Love your balloon photo, janet - so colorful; bet you did well on the tests today, joey...and sidney, hope your day went well, too.
It's a dark 8:15., sunrise at 9:01; 28 degrees with snow coming..loss of daylight today: 5m-43sec.
In response to your question, joey, Palmer is 3 miles down the hill and across the Matanuska River from my home. Palmer is built along the Glenn Hwy., (access to leaving the state), and is about two? miles long as it has grown. It's "real" town, with a main street along the railroad tracks. (not often used except for special events).
rann - glad you're still grilling outdoors - my grown kids do too, all winter...not me, though!
kiska

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Brrrrr for Tampa Bay

I just saw this report:

It will be clear and sunny with highs in the mid-70s today. But a north/northwest wind at 15-20 mph will make it feel colder.

The big chill will be felt tonight, with possible record lows in the 40s to mid-50s, with some upper 30s possible in interior Citrus and Hernando counties.

Tuesday will be sunny and cool, with highs around 70 degrees. Near-record lows are also possible Wednesday morning, according to Bay News 9 meteorologists.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

It was actually chilly here last night! It's going to be 44° tonight they say.. I may have to pull our comforter out of the cedar closet. LOL Right now it is beautiful outside.. Clear skies, slight breeze, low humidity... And inside, the bunnies are sick, so we have to stay in. Bummer.

Joey, I hope your tests went well!

Janet, I love hot air balloons, too. Thanks for posting the pictures. :-)

Current conditions in Houston:

Clear 63°F (17°C)
Humidity: 41 %
Wind Speed: E 10 MPH
Barometer: 30.33" (1027.5 mb)
Dewpoint: 39°F (4°C)
Visibility: 10.00 m

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

52.0°(F), 43%, Bright

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Howdee!! Well, I didn't ace my tests, but I didn't do so bad either! :-)) I'm sure that it's because of all the well wishes! :-D

Marylyn, I trust that you are having the Best Birthday! Ever! (with many more to come) :-D

Jante, Those Balloons!!! OO-LaLa! ~ Wouldn't it be nice to soar & observe all the world?

Dyson, Are you still on vacation? If you are there is no reason why you can't be "sorry" if you want to! And You did a lot of Work this week-end.....or was that last week-end?

Well, it's cloudy & looks like snow....The clouds have that "snowy" look about them. It's about time to go on the mountain & watch the weather change (haven't done that in a while). The temp is 44* & w/gusty winds...

Marylyn ~ This Is For You on your special Day!!!

Thumbnail by music2keep
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Thank you, Joey. :-)

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

53.6°(F), 38%, sunny, bright. I understand there is snow north of here: http://xrl.us/sp7d (Link to www.intellicast.com)

Joey - save me a spot on the bridge! I just love it!
Dyson - LOL - Did you make it outside today? If not, who cares? Enjoy!!
Janet - Great balloon photo! They are always so bright and colorful!
Kiska and Rann - we grill year round as well.
Marylyn - It's going to be 45 here tonight! I'm lovin' it!!! :) Happy Birthday!!
Current conditions:
Humidity: 28%
Wind Speed: NW 16 MPH
Heat Index: 70°F
Wind Chill: 70°F
This has to be some sort of record, it looks like we'll be cool for a week or 2! Okay - I had to put on slippers to go with my jeans and long sleeve shirt!
Sharon

Thumbnail by MySharona
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Snow... Does not compute...

Updated: 1:51 PM PDT on October 23, 2006
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
89 °F / 32 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 10%
Dew Point: 26 °F / -3 °C
Wind: 5 mph / 7 km/h Variable
Pressure: 29.84 in / 1010 hPa (Falling)

Kelli - LOL!!!!!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Well, my Helper (and I) have had a fire going for 2 days now, burning the debris from a fallen willow tree. We stoked it up just before I went 45 miles to Lowe's for some plumbing stuff. I had him pile more stuff to burn near the pile so I didn't have to carry it far. Got home about 4 pm, stoked the fire to get it going again, which took time because it's all green wood.

Finally after about an hour the fire was finally going nicely but I noticed I was getting some ash on my jacket. Turned out to be SNOWFLAKES so I came inside!

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

darius please don't say SNOWFLAKES, I have a morbid fear of them. They are evil.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.