Tree peony care

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

I can't wait to see pictures during the progress and again next spring when things are coming up and blooming! Yay Moby!! You're going to have so much fun!

Diann

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

LOL Yes, excited and.... kind of sick. Overhelming! But it will all be OK because I have a small battalion coming next weekend to plant. BTW, in this case 'a battalion' is me and 4 tough-as-nails, hard-working fellow DG ladies. ;) And DH is cooking so we'll be well fed.

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Oh Moby, I'd love to join you if I were closer. Okay, what exactly does DH stand for, I haven't figured that one out?
It does sound like it will be a very productive day, and a meal to boot. I'll be sending good weather your way, or I'll at least try:0)

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Thanks, good weather will be help enough! DH is 'dear husband' though some days is stands for something else. ;)

DS / DD is darling son / daughter
GS / GD is grandson / daughter
MIL is mother-in-law
SIL is sister-in-law ect...

This message was edited Oct 29, 2006 10:42 AM

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Thanks for clearing that up for me. You're so right, most days DH stands for what you say and some days it sure doesn't. Perhaps it's the nature of the beast ;0)

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

Congrats on your new place Moby! I bet you can't wait till all your garden is moved and settled in for the winter. How nice of your DG friends to help you out like that. If I was closer I would be there assisting too even if it would be from a chair. I still can dig. ;)

Hugs,
Lani

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Lucky you to get DG helpers and lucky helpers to have DH cooking for them! That's a big draw -- that man can cook!!!!!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Thanks Lani. Wish you all could be here, it may be work but it will be fun work. :)

Hey... you might have something there, Laura ~ a scoop of dirt for a scoop of chili? Admittance on to the property requires a shovel? When we're smoking something we have all kinds of neighbors poking their heads over with "whatcha cookin'?"

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Moby & fellow DG helpers, may your weekend be productive and great fun in your garden-transferring extravaganza. Wish I could make it. Enjoy!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Moby - just found this thread courtesy of magnolia lover.

Best wishes to you in your new home. You CAN take the hosta and just plant them in compost. Give it a try. You know you have nothing else to do this week!

Good luck, Moby.

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

ditto what pirl said.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Thanks all. Come on over ~ http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/668275/

Louisville, KY

Moby:
Dont worry about your tree peony. I got my first one last year. It started off by being under a 1 foot tree limb that fell during a storm. Then last winter rabbits ate it to about six inches from the ground. Finally a hail storm this past spring knocked all the buds off. Now it is thriving and I hope to see it bloom nest year.

Congratulations on your new home and garden.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Thank you!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.