Propigating dutchman's pipe vine

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Have you ever tried rooting the cuttings in water? I have the large flowered one, I think grandiflora or something like that.

I've never gotten seed pods because it's growing in the greenhouse and only got a couple flowers this year as well. I wish I could grow it outside but It grows so fast i'd never get it back into the greenhouse for winter.

Fremont, CA(Zone 9a)

I just made some cuttings using "Rapid Rooter." This tells me that using rooting hormone and potting mix should work. Give it a try in water, nothing to loose.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

thanks, took cuttings less than a week ago in water now, and no wilting going on, so they look good. would be real nice if I could propigate this way.

We recently cut back the whole plant cause it was growing in the rafters of the greenhouse, we had to put plastic up, I dumped everybit of it because I never had tried to propigate it, I wasn't thinking I guess. LOL

should have tried anyways,

kathy

Fremont, CA(Zone 9a)

I love ignorance. Since I don't know what will root, I just try everything. Sometimes I get really pleasantly surprised. The "Rapid Rooter" gives very quick results on a very wide selection of cuttings. It is not real easy to find locally http://www.genhydro.com/genhydro_US/rapidrooter2.html

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

thanks for the link

kathy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.