Gladiolus Part 2

Horsens, Denmark

Mark then I hope you have a GLADIOLUS sunday ;o)))

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Heheheheeheeeeeeee

I'll bet he's checking out those gladiolus species seeds now!

Caistor, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

Hahahahahaha very good Monica..........................smile

Oh Janet, you know me too well......................... mmmmmmm can't wait to get me hands on some!!!!!!

Are there anymore members of The British Gladiolus Society, apart from me i mean???

Mark

Mark, you will have to ask someone at the BGS if there is much on the species front with their members, and let us know!

It was their mission statement that led me to believe not, i.e. the comment about breeding new hybrids.

I guess the Glad. Soc's. should be interested in species, even if they don't have many members growing them, but I do wonder if that would be the case! You know, there could be a sort of select niche of hybridisers, but I would like to know!

Well, i am hoping its not a select niche of hybridizers........................ if they are , i am leaving the society!!!

I am only interested in the species side...............

Don't worry Janet i will find out whats happenin and let you know.................. no problem!!

The guy that runs it at the moment seems more interested in the fact that i applied for national collection stsaus for crocosmia......!!

I supose the good thing is Crocosmia and Gladiolus are of the same family.(Iridaceae)................ so if you can grow one succesfuly you can grow the other too........

Thanks Mark, at least it looks like they are flexible if he is interested in your Crocosmia!

Probably because of the National Collection thing......................

we shall see me dear!!!!

Looks like there are a few people that want to see a Glad Forum then Janet................. Good isn't it.

Oh yes, I guess you are right about the Nat. Coll. thing.......but who knows!

It's surely gaining interest.......enable enable enable......

A week since I ordered my book tomorrow...........getting itchy! Should be here by Friday!

There is a long list of seeds on b & t world seeds, but they are hugely expensive. I have ordered from them before, prices not as high as these are for the seed I bought, but they do seem to have put their prices up a lot. The do give generous amounts of seed, and I have had excellent germination results, but most of the Gladiolus seed are10 euros, that's close on £7!

They do have G illyricus. Watermeyeri and martleyi I would love to have, there is a minimum order of 20 euros including the minimum 3 euro postage. That isn't hard to run up! Just a bit too expensive!

You will need to put 'gladiolus' in the botanical name box.

http://www.b-and-t-world-seeds.com/letters.htm

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh good, hope it arrives sooner................................!!!

My god, another site to look at...................LOL
wow, thats quite expensive isn't it................

Wouldnt take long at all to run up 20 euros.............LOL
I guess its expensive, but if you want the seeds its worth it.............

Mark

Mark, isn't it time to find out if you have achieved National Coll Holder for your Crocosmia?

Horsens, Denmark

Oh yes that is right, how exciting!!!

I have started a thread in the Bulbs Forum with links to Gladiolus pics and suppliers, please take a look and keep the ball rolling, thanks!

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/669217/

Hi Janet

It got deferred until Feb, because some idiot at the NCCPG lost some paperwork...........
So i have wait until then now............................... God i am mad about that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for telling God about it, I am listening............ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps it has to wait for god's birthday as a special surprise.........please nobody jump on me for taking his/her name in vain.........

That idiot probably had to use some spare sheets of paper to light a fire and was desparate.....well aren't we all now with the price of fuel????? £9.80 for a bag of coal up from £8.45 last year, best part of £60 for a fortnights fuel. You might be able to cool down a little and save some money.

I think I'm in a silly mood.......

Horsens, Denmark

LOL looks like it, but did you know that inteligent people are silly for at least 5 min a day ;o)))

So sad to hear about this Mark, what a headless creature!!!!!!
At the moment Feb. seems to be long out….. in eternity. What a mess

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh well, it will soon be here.................. the way time is flying, wont be long at all!!!!!!!!!!

Horsens, Denmark

Do I sence a tiny bit of sarcasm in the air LOL!!!!
Then this is the right occasion for a song…..
Ready to sing? LOL

Always look on the bright side of life.
Whistling, whistling, whiiiiiistling
Always look on the light side of life.
Whistling, whistling , whiiiiiistling

If life seems jolly rotten,
There's something you've forgotten,
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps,
Don't be silly chump.
Just purse your lips and whistle. That's the thing.

,o)))

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.