Mums and Flies?!!!??

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Alrighty - here's one of my "here's your sign questions..." LOL
Any reason my neighbor's mums would be swarmed with flies? Nope nuthin' dead under them!!!

Um, have you seen Rear Window?

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Chantell, are they house flies, or the tiny nat-like flies you see outside in swarms?

Chris

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Regular house flies that you see both outside and unfortunately inside...they've got that greenish color to them when the light hits them.

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Vvvvvvvvvvery Interesting. Sure a big tall dog didn't do its duty in the middle of the mums. Just a thought.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

She said she checked...hmmm...maybe she needs to double check. Andi...just noticed what you'd written..."Rear Window" - is that a clue? LOL I'm probably the only person ever who hasn't seen it.

I was kidding. It's a murder mystery. At one point the main character, who observes everything from his window, notices that a dog has disappeared. He wonders why anyone would get rid of the dog, and eventually realizes that it's because the dog was digging at a particular spot in the flowerbed and the murderer had to get rid of him in order to avoid being exposed. It's great. You should see it.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ohhhh...now that sounds like the type of movie I'd like...well not killing the dog part but the mystery of it all!!

Washington, DC

I'm having the same issue with flies and my Mums. I had put plastic over them the other night for the frost, and when I removed the plastic the Mums where covered with flies. There is no way a dog would be able to get to them. It's the oddest thing, it's like they love the smell.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Relax. LOL Flies pollinate some flowers. They aren't hurting them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.