Can you identify this plant?

Evans, GA(Zone 7b)

Bought a couple of weeks ago at Riverbanks Gardens in Columbia, SC before it was flowering - and I unwisely did not make note of it's name. It was in the hieght of bloom a couple of days ago. The upturned saucer is holding up the stem.

Thumbnail by Artgal
Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

crinum

Evans, GA(Zone 7b)

Thank you.

Evans, GA(Zone 7b)

Looked up crinum - it said to plant in the spring or plant from containers in the summer - although one book said to plant in spring or fall. Does anyone know if I am too late to plant outside - and if so, how I should treat them in the container over the winter?

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

First let me say there are dozens of kinds of crinum.
http://crinum.iconx.com/html/crinum-species/crinum-submersum.html
I've moved mine several times and they've bloomed well after moving - they say they don't like being moved but I have not found that to be the case for mine. I did find this year I gave them less water and almost all of them bloomed really wonderfully - I've got about 30.

I would put it in the ground. I moved all of mine about this time last year. The leaves will yellow and die back so mark your spot!

Thumbnail by sterhill
Saint Simons Island, GA

artgirl: sterhill is right plant it now i still have them coming up and blooming.

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi all - I have 2 of these and have never gotten a bloom. I got them from my mother-in-law and hers bloomed like crazy unfortunately she passed away and I didn't get any of her secrets. Any ideas on getting them to bloom? Thanks!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.