Whoopee! My very first Passiflora!

So. Puget Sound, WA(Zone 8b)

I was so excited when I saw this out the window this morning I ran out in the rain to get a picture. I don't know if it has a name but isn't it beautiful?

Thumbnail by KatyMac
Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

That certainly looks like either Passiflora caerulea (Blue Crown Passion Flower) or P. incarnata (Maypop). I always get them mixed up. It may get some die-back in winter but comes back so just trim any dead stems in the spring. I have one growing up the porch too. It's delightful to see the blooms up close.

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

Woo-hooo! Congrats on your first! :-}

Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

I luv'em... and I'm going to have alot more next year... such a perrrdy one.

Shelton, WA(Zone 8a)

Ooo, ooo, ooo! I was wondering how they do here. I've been looking for vines to grow and I like those. Congratulations on your first "baby."

I didn't plant it but neighbors say it never bloomed before. It's climbing up the birdhouse pole in the front yard and gets almost total shade. It got buds last December but of course they didn't open. I would like to move it to a more favorable location for it, no idea how deep the roots are though. Maybe I can get cuttings to root. I just love it! It looks magical.

Thumbnail by KatyMac

Pretty one! They are supposed to be easy from cuttings, but I have killed every one I tried to move. I've even killed one taking it out of the pot to plant it the first time. I think they don't like their roots to be disturbed. I have several seedlings growing in one garden from one that actually bloomed for me a few years ago, but I'm afraid to move them. I recently got a white one in a trade and planted it to climb through one of the climbing roses. I hope it makes it!

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

I did several flats of cuttings of a few cultivars. They are actually easy if you give them lots of light, humidity and bottom heat. Try some. Remove any dead leaves to prevent boytritis (that moldy bread-looking stuff). Does anyone know if its a Maypop or Passion Flower?

growin, I''ll try posting a photo on the Vines and Climbers Forum tomorrow if we dry up a bit. Maybe it will be opened a little further. I'll try some cuttings too.

I thought maypop and passion flower were the same thing?

Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

Maypop is a passion,, all passions are not maypop..

Ahhh..... NOW I get it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.