Double flowered Rangoon Creeper

Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

Not a great pic, but here's a pic of my double flowered Rangoon Creeper (Quisqualis indica). It's really more red than the pink the pic shows. It's blooming right now. It's a small plant, but I've kept it potted. It'd be much, much happier if I found a spot in the ground for it.

Thumbnail by Carter
Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

Closer shot...

Thumbnail by Carter
St. Paul, MN(Zone 4b)

Gorgeous, wow!

Erick

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Beautiful Carter! One day I will have one.
:) Donna

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

That is beautiful. I have the single-blooming one, but it has only bloomed once in five years.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Wow I love that!!!

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

drooling here

Lewiston, CA(Zone 7b)

Hum...Never heard of a Rangoon Creeper, sure a pretty thing. Do they grow in sun or shade & what's the lowest zone they'll grow in? I just might have to find me one of them thar Rangoon Creepers!

Nashville, TN(Zone 6b)

Carter...The double is beautiful. Got to have one of those someday.
I have two single ones, this year one bloomed non-stop, the other not a bloom all summer. I don't understand all I know about that plant. LOL

Betty

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Put it in the ground--they grow really fast...behind the russelia equisetiformis. Mulch super heavy first winter. I'm much farther north and west of you and it does much better in the ground--and does not need hibiscus food to stay in constant bloom.

dmail me BJ

This message was edited Oct 6, 2006 9:31 PM

Thumbnail by dmj1218
Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Wow!!! Yours is gorgeous to, dmj218! Is it a double or single?
:) Donna

dmail me please

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Wow, how pretty. I bought one and it died.

Ahelms--I've found that a lot of the advice given about this plant is really not accurate. They do like a lot of water, in ground is best, full sun, and balanced 8-8-8 is far superior to hibiscus food. They also bloom on NEW WOOD not old wood, and need to be hacked down substantially in the spring, if you want constant bloom. And I have had constant bloom since May. It has zero pest or disease problems. The easiest most reliable plant I have.

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks so much for the information. I still have a single that is potted because it isn't hardy in my zone. If it makes it thru the winter in the greenhouse, I'll plant it next spring and hope it grows good for me.

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

They're gorgeous! I want one too!
Sharon

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.