Any Realtors or someone who could maybe help??

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

There is a house next to my parents, its in real rough shape, the people who lived there, rented it (possibly) friends of the owners. The renters were kicked out, and left everything in a mess at that house. There is gross ripped up furniture in the garage, along with a boat, that Im sure doesnt run. The inside is also a mess, they didnt get everything out. The house needs ALOT of work. Shingles, siding, ALOT of landscaping work, carpet, new paint on all the walls, definately also debugged, not to mention what needs to be done in the basement.

Anywoo... the house has been sitting empty for well over a year. Makes their actually beautiful neighborhood look so SO bad. My husband and I would like to try and buy the house since it is next to my parents, and make it our forever home. It will definately take a labor of love, but something we are very willing to do. We would like to make a cash offer for the house, even tho it isnt on the market.

So my question... is there anyway we can find out who the owners are? We know who the previous owner was, but he died, and Im sure it went to the kids, who maybe dont want to deal with the house.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Centennial, CO(Zone 5b)

The county will have a record of the owner of every property indexed by lot# and address. They often have an aonline application for looking up the info (true for Arapahoe and Jefferson, don't know what county you are in)

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Thank you very much for the lead. I called, and found out the owner, and also found out there are no back taxes due. Now if the owners would call back.... (I would actually be scared to death). LOL

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Sounds like they might like to get rid of the place.

(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Shelly, sorry I didn't see this before. I could have saved you the call. If you need any help buying the place and need a realtor, I'm one.

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Oh thats wonderful Judith! I will definately keep you in mind. Im not too sure they want to sell, tho I wouldnt know why. The place needs work that they obviously dont want to do.

Do you suppose it's headed for foreclosure?

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

No, I thought maybe it was, it was paid for and was in the trust to the kids.

Aurora, CO(Zone 5a)

If you need a lender, the one who handled my loan was excellent.

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Thank you WH! We will offer/pay cash in hopes they will want to sell it maybe with that type of offer LOL. I have to keep a positive attitude. Im thinking they really dont want to sell, tho I dont know why not. They dont go into the house, unless there is something from the city or county posted on the door. The weeds are just bad, and traveling to my parents yard LOL. Those darn thistles, and the place is such an eye sore to the block.
I should take some pictures of the place. There will be alot of work to do, but we are so ready, and up to it! A clean slate if you will (once everything is cleaned up LOLOL)

Shelly, if you really want to make an offer, Dmail me with the address of the house. I'll see what I can do.

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Thank you revclaus. We just got home, and they are doing alot of work over there, so I am thinking they will either rent it out, or manybe (hopefully) sell it. I appreciate the offer, but I think now we will just wait and see.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.