Show how your garden has changed over the last few months

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Lovely collages Patti! Your stone paths add so much to the setting. Is that sedum Autum Joy in the fall photo? The color is so pretty this time of the year. I love the idea of taking more photos from the same spot too.

noknok, I was fortunate to not only find a house across the street from a nice park, but one that is also only 2 blocks from the hospital where I work. I just walk through the park and I'm there in 3 minutes. Lincoln has a lot of nice parks and lovely old trees. Right now the area of the park across the street from me is mostly a dog walking area, but there are plans to build a gazebo and do other improvements in it over the next few years. Most of my daylilies come from the Lily Auction or eBay online and also many are ones I have traded with member of Dave's Garden. The daylily forum really opened my eyes to all the wonderful daylily cultivers available. Your rose arbor and the 200' view are breathtaking. Looks like the perfect place for a Bread and Breakfast Inn. I would be thrilled to be your first guest!

I tried a new cosmos from Thompson's and Morgans this year called Polidor. It is sometwhat like the Bright Lights only taller at 3-4'. Has been very long blooming. I have been really working at keeping it deadheaded, otherwise I think it might has burned itself out by now. I have seeds if anyone wants them. It is a double in orange and golds. The Sonata cosmos do really well for me too. I often buy them blooming in the spring and they continue until the first hard frost.

This message was edited Oct 7, 2006 8:51 AM

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

well, wow! Monica, I loved seeing how you made a garden out of an 'opportunity'. it's wonderful!

Patti, your collages are great! everything looks like it was just meant to be that way.

what a wonderful thread this is. private garden tours brought to your doorstep. what could be better than this? Susan, thanks for starting it.

Horsens, Denmark

Thanks Grampapa. Enjoying the tread as well
I can tell you I really learned how to use what I have.
A good thing to learn :o))

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

On Oct 6, I posted a series of pictures depicting the seasonal changes to part of our southern beds. Here is the latest picture. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Horsens, Denmark

Love how you can see the outumn coming, nice color variations :o))
Is it a japanese marple in the back?

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

zest, no, it is a Scrub Oak (Quercus ilicifolia) that I have pruned ( I have a dozen or more that we keep clipped, plus some we just leave in their natural state in the untended parts of our property ). Here are two, the larger that you mentioned above plus a smaller one that was only 1 foot high when we moved it to the raised bed area in 1983 from the bramble. The first was more of a shrub when we cleared around it and formed it into a small tree. Many people here clear the land of them as they don't see how beautiful they are when isolated and assisted. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Northern, NJ(Zone 6b)

This is a wonderful thread , don't know how I missed it. Lovely gardens and photos. I think I'll bookmark it for winter inspiration. Please post winter photos also.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.