Got a ? about Veronic Spicata 'Royal Candles'

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Please look at the picture and tell me if I have seeds, What I think is seed, could be the chaff and there is alot. cg

Thumbnail by pepsidrinker
Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

Hiya,
Veronica does set seed but not sure about that particular one. Its does propagate from division in spring easily.
I can't see on the picture if that is seed or not. Best thing is to try just a few seeds in a pot and put the rest to one side. Till you see them come up, or not as the case maybe.
Something makes me think this variety is odd about seed. Either its under licence here so its not available or the seed does not come true to colour. Or its plain just not viable seed.
BUT that is just a feeling! So i'd try it.
Mike

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

hey mike, thanks for replying, I solvaged that plant from walmart, it looked so pitiful when I got it. wilty. but is doing much much better now.
I bought an elephant ear from a local green house for only 1.98 and repotted it, it's in my house, It almost looks like its grinning at me lol. I just treated all my other plant a couple of days ago and there all out in our attached to the house garage waiting to be brought in. Its been really cold here at night and temps drop way low the other night, dh has our heat on, so bringing them in the house is the next step. Didn't want to bring them directly in from the cold to heat, to big of a shock for them. hubby said the temps drop so low he was surprised it didn't frost. it was in the high 30's. It is just way to early for these kinds of temps...
Yesterday, dh extended my flower bed in front of our privacy fence and I planted some seed that reseed them self and mulched really good, doing a little experiment with a few of my seeds :o) I ran out of mulch got to go get 10 more bags today, went to get it last night after dh to me out to eat, got to the check out to discover, NO cc, NO cb and NO not enough cash :o(. so embarrassing. Got to go get it today and finish up.... The joys of life rofl....

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

Oh dear. How embarrasing. I once put petrol in my car then realised i had nothing on me to pay. The guy in the petrol station was not a happy man. He couldn't do any except let me go fetch some money and drive all the way back. Stupid place though didn't accept credit cards so i blame him for being so backwards. Lol Ok it said all over the place that it didn't but i don't read signs!
I took my wife out when we first met for a meal on valentines and realised i didn't have any money on me, so she ended up paying. Its been like that ever since! Lol
Mike

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

rofl, Mike what a card you are :o)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.