Squirrels....Squirrels....Squirrels! Part II

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Ok guys...this is Part II of the very, very long thread that I started over in the Pets Forum. To continue, please feel free to post pictures, talk about, and question the antics of the true rascals of the animal world...our loveable squirrels....:):)
Melanie

Thumbnail by TxTurqoize
Pasadena, CA(Zone 9b)

Rusty had to jump over and join you!

(well, we tried to attach photo, but DG is not working completely today....)

This message was edited Sep 17, 2006 7:41 PM

Thumbnail by NY2CA
San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Oh I know, Lee...wasn't it terrible last night? I had the darndest time trying to connect...finally just gave up.. Texas had some major storms move thru the state last night...that may have had something to do with it....but glad to see you made it over...lol
Melanie

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Melanie,
I posted on the other cuz I wasn't sure you'd want the party/drink/etc. comments "here." :) Sorry about that.

Pasadena, CA(Zone 9b)

I still can't seem to get photos to post! I am blaming it on Chantell, cuz she was bad! :-))))

Thumbnail by NY2CA
Lyndonville, NY

I just popped over the the Daves Garden forum, not many are able to post....they said hold off trying until Dave gives the "all clear".

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh sure...I'll be the scapegoat...LOL Bad...me?

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

lol Chantell...I was waitin' for a strawberry daquiri myself...lol

Yeah, Dave's has been undergoing some major bumpage in the last few days. Server problems and whatnot...but I reckon it should be pretty clear here soon......? I hope, lol
Melanie

This message was edited Sep 19, 2006 8:57 AM

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Fingers crossed....think I saw pics on another thread today...maybe it's all better?

Lyndonville, NY

I just posted one, and it worked, but some are still not working. Adina had problems

Pasadena, CA(Zone 9b)

Here's my boy, Rusty. Yahoo, I can post!

Thumbnail by NY2CA
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Lee,
Look, Rusty's saying his prayers...praying you'll find out who'd chewing your veggies so he doesn't get blamed...LOL

Pasadena, CA(Zone 9b)

I know he is innocent. Just look at that face!! And that expanding belly. He and his pals get so much to eat, they don't need to stage midnight raids.

......meanwhile all tomato plants are destroyed, and the rats did away with most of my sweet basil last night. I am really losing patience with this!!! It could be time to take some drastic, unpleasant measures.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm sorry...it's got to be frustrating...even if they are warm and fuzzy critters. A mama cat gave birth out doors and brought her toddlers over to our area. Of course my daughter kept feeding them - and trying to handle them - which ended up being a good thing. Problem is ALL of them like to sleep on my planters, hanging basket and just generally smashing a lot of my plants....UGH!!! Thank God we were able to get in touch with a lady that runs a rescue. We turned over the kitties on Sunday to her.

Cambria, CA(Zone 10a)

OK, finally got a good shot of my curious little girl. She walks down the fence and just can't resist looking in to see what I'm doing. In this pic she's just going back home after fighting with the woodpeckers over the acorns they stored in the bark of the Monterey Pine. She seems to have a healthy respect for those woodpecker beaks!

Thumbnail by stellapathic
Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

what a nice picture of her, Stella!

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

She's so cute and look at that fluffy tail! Very pretty!

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Great photo, Stella.. :) Always interesting to see other species of squirrels as opposed to our common brown ones here in San Antonio. Thanks for sharing. She's really pretty.. :)
Melanie

Pasadena, CA(Zone 9b)

Pretty girl!

It sounds like my company is going to send me back to NYC in a few months and I am wondering how all the birds and squirrels are going to take my departure! How will I break the news to Rusty?

Mayfield, KY(Zone 7b)

Awwww poor little Rusty. Are you looking forward to the move?

Lyndonville, NY

And how will YOU do without your Rusty?

Pasadena, CA(Zone 9b)

I will miss them all! Fortunately noticed two big oak trees out back which they seem to be enjoying, so I suppose they'll get by!

Have to admit, Janet, I have been homesick for the city every since moving. It was home and I needed a change in my life but now that I've had it, have been hoping they would send me back.

Hard part now is trying to decide where I am going to live. I (somewhat reluctantly) gave up my apartment when I left and now that I've had space for a garden and all this greenery, wondering if I want to think about living in the 'burbs. I really really dislike commuting....but having a garden might be worth it.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

And as a followup to Debbie's question, how do you feel about moving back to NYC? Is it the right move for you? How's that photography thing coming? Rusty will miss you!

Brenda

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Lee,
Someone over in the Plumeria forums posts the most amazing pics of the plumies he brings up to his roof-top during spring and summer...it's amazing. Would it be feasible to find a place that would allow some gardening room for you?
Think hoagies, cheese cake, and pizza!!!

Pasadena, CA(Zone 9b)

Possibly....will keep my eyes open. There's been a lot of new building downtown - post 9/11 sadly. But it means more living possibilities (and some discounts) for me.

Months away though. I am just anticipating! And I really am worried about my squirrels and birds....they have so much fun with the feeders and baths. Maybe I should make it a condition of move-in. :-)

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I know...it's alway hard...definately make it a "condition" lol

Valencia, PA(Zone 5b)

Nice thread, I think squirrels are adorable. I got tired of them raiding my bird feeders, so they have feeders of their own and that corn wheelie thing-which is fun to watch--they don't go around, they just stretch themselves out so they can reach the corn. Back feet on tree and front feet on corn--guess it's their stretching exercises. Also, one occasionally sneaks up on the porch and eats out of the open bird feeder. Will try to post picture. Karen Shaver (aka Liebran)

Thumbnail by liebran
Valencia, PA(Zone 5b)

One more photo: 1 squirrel at the peanut feeder and one at the corn wheel. Karen

Thumbnail by liebran
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Cute pics, Karen!!! Sweet babies they are!!

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Great idea!! Love the bowl shot!
Sharon

Valencia, PA(Zone 5b)

Thanks, just today two teenagers showed up--one afraid and one not. Interesting creatures. Just love to watch them. I'll try to get some baby pics. Karen

Lyndonville, NY

We had two of the most adorable visitors this morning. They wanted IN the house! Regardless of the cats. They were crawling up the screen also.

This is the first babie we have had this year, normally we have two litters. They are very very friendly. I am wondering if they lost Mama. I haven't seen her out in the tree to watch them.

Here is picture #1

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

Well why didn't you say you wanted me to turn around?

Lyndonville, NY

Ohhhh the flowers smell soooo good, is there food in here?

Lyndonville, NY

Ummmm, can we come in and play a bit?

Mayfield, KY(Zone 7b)

Those are great shots Debbie. I just love squirrels. I have one of those big gallon glass containers that I feed mine from. It is cute to see them crawl in and out of the glass jar. I wish I could get a picture of it. It drives Penny and Sammy crazy when that squirrel just stares at them through the jar.

Lyndonville, NY

This is "the babies" up in the tree. I just love these shots with the fall colors. They are hiding behind each other and peaking over at me.

Thank you Janet, they really brightened my morning today. And Hucks!

Lyndonville, NY

Honest, they are not being naughty here.....just cute.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Yeah...the one in the back is trying to shove his sister off the tree cuz he just spotted the mother load on the branch in front of her!!!

Lyndonville, NY

ROFL, the mother load is in the middle of the picnic table on my porch....I just bought walnuts at $4.89 and am feeding them to the baby squirrels! LOL So much for my zucchini muffins.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.