Do people read their service contracts ?

Novato, CA

Question - Do people actually read their proposals and contracts that are submitted to them for services .... whether it be for landscaping, plumbing or any other type of real service ?

I have been dumbfounded lately with some of the requests and questions by several of my clients who obviously have not read their contracts.

If one reads their proposal many of their questions and or concerns would be answered.

But do they... ?? ....Noooooo.

So, just a week later after signing a contract ( before we even get a chance to start on the project ) I get a call asking if we can provide them with more than just one concept idea as well as other questions that are PLAINLY addressed in their contract.

DUH,- if they read the proposal we submit 3 to 4 concepts or more until ultimately we reach the correct solution to the challenge. ( Our proposals are written out in a step by step layout )

I’m not going drone on and on ( actually I did but then I erased it because while rereading my rant back to myself I couldn’t believe how asinine it sounded ! )

Really now, Am I the only one who when entering into a contract with a service oriented business that I actually READ it from cover to cover and back again ?

Sheesh.

Perhaps an idea whose time has come -: The “ Audio Contract” to accompany the written document for those who have a phobia to the written word.
Or maybe I just need to create a cartoon picture book depicting all the necessary steps that are required for the landscape design and installation process to unfold.

But what cartoon character would do me and the consumer justice for this new picture book contract ? ~ Zippy the Pin Head ? ~ One of Marge Simpsons dragon breathing sisters ? ~ Bizzaro ?

Is it winter yet ?
Thank gawd I go on vacation next week .
If you see a dazed Bizzaro walking on a beach in Bali, that is me.

This thread has 56 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!