green house ws container question

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

dh suggested that I use our swing frame and place the picnic table between and just cover the frame with plastic, would this work? This is my first year in WSing and I want to do it right lol. I am just glad he is starting to show some interest, What in the world is WSing he asks, I told him. :o) cg

North Augusta, SC(Zone 8a)

Yes, I think it could work but wouldn't place it in full sun and make sure they get enough water. I'd probably poke some holes in the plastic maybe for air circulation and to allow rain to drip in.
I've used clear plastic blanket and wardrobe bags and they worked well, it sounds sorta like the same things but on a larger scale.
I purchased a small and cheap green house, 6x8, to use just for winter sowing this year. I don't think it would be durable enough to leave standing the entire year but should be fine for the 3-4 months I need it for WSing each year before packing it back up and storing in the shed. I'm hoping it will save me from having to cover all my containers this year...which is my least favorite part of winter sowing.
Alice

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks Alice, I already have the perfect spot picked out, gets morning sun and afternoon/evening shade :o) I wish I could find one of those portable green houses cheap, money is really tight right now :( Thats why I love DG, can get my seeds thru trade plus send some of the seeds I have out. Now to figure out what is what,
That is the hardest for me. I don't know enough to know what can be winter sown, whats perenial or annual. but thank goodness for the wintersown.org site :)
I bought a mist bottle at Lowes just for the WSing. Now I have to go get all my potting soil. I can't believe all the seeds I have lol. My back yard is going to be beautiful if they all servive. I hope they do anyway :o)
cg

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.