Anyone interested in WS Seed Swap?

North Augusta, SC(Zone 8a)

Anyone interested in group WS seed swap?
Since most of are collecting seeds now from what we've winter sowed in the past, why not collect some extra seeds and share with each other?
Alice

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Sounds good to me! I was just making a list of seeds I need to get out and collect...

Would you want to do it as a round robin, or as a swap where everyone sends seed packets to you to divvy up? The latter could work like this, everyone sends seed packets, no more than maybe 3 of a kind... Send seeds in a BE, with return label and 63 cents in loose postage, and however many seed packets you send, that's how many you'll get in return. Just a suggestion... :-)

I would love to participate! Is it okay if my seeds are simple flowers? :0)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

"simple flowers" are the best!!

I'm going out back to harvest some of my "simple flower" seeds now (agastache, 'Honey Bee Blue' and 'Honey Bee White')... I've got Brazilian Morning Glory seeds in my pocket already!

If we have enough interest in a group swap then it may work better if we go with the divvy swap, then everyone gets a fair share.
And I love simple flowers also.
Alice

Salt Lake City, UT

I would like to play as well, if you guys will have me.

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

Me, too. I might need some help on which ones are ok to wintersow, tho.

Suzy

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Count me in too! I'd love to play!! Thanks for the great idea, alicewho!

Critter: what do you mean by "simple flowers"? Are you referring to Hardy Perennials or Annuals? Vines?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I was just echoing garden6! I figure "simple flowers" may simply mean common varieties rather than exotic forms or unusual cultivars. Sorry if I caused confusion -- I didn't really mean anything in particular by it!

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

Sure enough, simple is in Garden Terms- I thought I remembered it from botany class!
http://davesgarden.com/terms/go/1185.html

A seed swap sounds like fun!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I'm game.

Okay, for anyone that's interested, the new thread to join.

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/651635/

Alice

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.