Where are you in AU .

Churchill, Victoria, Australia(Zone 10a)

Sorry Brian they are not a group I know much about. I also thought Stapelia, and when I searched PlantFiles for Stapelia, it also brought up Orbea variegata. because of the synonym and scanning down the images, that was obviously the one that matched. I don't know much about succulents generally, although I do have a Stapelia plant in a pot, but I am still waiting for it to flower to learn which species it is!
Kennedy

Brisbane, Australia

Hi Guys thanks for the welcome and speedy replies!
So now I know what one of my succulents is and only about 15 to go LOL!
Cheers
Flatzie

Barmera, Australia

G'Day Flatzie, While I'm happy to try to ID your cacti you might get a better guide from the C & S forum.
Brian

Sydney, Australia

Budgie says Hi to Flatzie (sounds weird)
Enjoy this place. I do!
Cheers
Steve

Ade6, Australia

Hi Ladies,

Very new here. I'm from Adelaide SA. Wondering if anyone knows where i can get/order or purchase a "Jasmine Sambac" or a "Grand Duke Tuscany"? Would dearly love to hear from anyone has an info about it.

Please feel free to email me ferolyn_serrano@yahoo.com.au

Cheers!

Ferolyn

Thumbnail by ferolyn
Robertstown, Australia(Zone 10a)

Hi Ferolyn,
Pleasure to "meet" another Adelaideian! Here is a link to the Plant Files entry on the plant you are looking for: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/55233/ It seems to be quite a tropical species and would need a lot of winter shelter here in Adelaide - I would think that any frost would almost certainly kill it.

You could try to DMail MyaC http://davesgarden.com/members/myaC/ and see if she can find you a source up her way.

Ciao, KK.

Magnetic Island, Australia(Zone 11)

Hi Ferolyn
Welcome to the aussie forum

you can purchase the Jasmine here

http://www.herbcottage.com.au/Store/tabid/57/pid/598/Jasmine-Sambac.aspx

Magnetic Island, Australia(Zone 11)

hehehe KK, typing at the same time, how freaky is that!!!!!!

Robertstown, Australia(Zone 10a)

Not to mention "Great Minds THINK ALIKE!!" LOL!

Toowoomba, Australia

Hi to All, I'm new to these pages. A keen gardener in what USED to be called the Garden City--Toowoomba, Queensland. I say used to be because we are on Level 5 restrictions with absolutely no end in sight. I have lost so many of my well established plants because there are just not enough buckets of water to keep 1 1/4 acres going. I have a beautiful Bromeliad garden under my Native Frangipani tree which I am very proud of & a Wisteria covered pergola on the Western side of the house which houses my fern & shade plant collection, along with a small fish pond & fall that keeps the humidity up slightly. I have recently started collecting succulents & have several epis that have almost finished flowering now. One was placed in the fork of an Ironbark tree & this year it was a picture of fire engine red flowers that had people stopping in the street to comment on it. They certainly thrive on neglect. I am not too crash hot around a computer - how do I get to the Tea House? Thanks to Chrissy back in 2008 for the "link fing", that's the sort of info I need. well, according to the weather forecast, we are going to have showers this weekend, not holding my breath as we have heard it all before & just been spat at but have to say, the kitchen is FULL of ants, fingers crossed.

Here we are ... just click onto this
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/oz/all/

and the Australian forums will pop up then just scroll down to the differt threads ...you will always find the tea room there with all of our friendly gardeners popping in for a chat ^_^

rosetta TASMANIA, Australia

holty,do you remember you posted this......tasmania is where i am,yes we had 30 degrees today[my god] dont be misguided by these garden lovers,theyre everywhere,.like garden gnomes,

This message was edited Nov 8, 2009 5:47 PM

Barmera, Australia

If there's a fool in this forum he must be from Tasmania. There weren't any here before you came along.
Brian

brian love it,ive been out on the balcony trimming my pussy cat,she is walking around now buzzy free,she gets a few seeds or some bbq fat in her fur and needs some help...../mate the forums are all fun...for instance,how do you go with a serve of eggs,........../..looks like 30 degs tomorrow ....phew .......a bit of careful editing and DR Jeckyl becomesMR HYDE........paint fumes,painkillers and beer dont mix.....

This message was edited Nov 8, 2009 5:54 PM

Northern Rivers NSW, Australia(Zone 7b)

Just rejoined the site after a few years and this post is still going , amazing !!!!

"September 14, 2006
07:39 PM"

Thumbnail by holty
Inland S.E QLD , Australia

Good to have you back holty. Keep posting!

Alstonville, Australia

Hi Guy's, I started on Daves when I lived in Middle Boambee near Coffs Harbour NSW, now am in
Alstonville (Plateau) between Ballina and Lismore NSW it's two & half hours north of where we were.
The soil here is red and rich. I am led to believe we can grow anything here.
Have had a few inches of rain the past 2 days. Very hot and humid at the moment.
This is the by pass going around Alstonville to Lismore.
Hel

Thumbnail by hel
Inland S.E QLD , Australia

After seeing part of that beautiful region of NSW, I would have to agree with you hel.You do live in paradise!

looking off the balcony to the north.cadburys chocolate factory [top left] moorilla winery [bottom right] william adams in the middle next to the highway

This message was edited Feb 7, 2010 2:27 PM

Thumbnail by g_whizz
Clifton Springs, Australia

hel, you live where the Tibouchinas are, am I right.....they used to be Lasiandras....I saw a photo of the main street once.
Beautiful place.
Anthony, great view...I am very fond of Hobart and surrounds.
Dianne

Hi Whizz , played golf down there last year with the "OZ Lefties" (NALG) and Claremont was special .
Remember a tour through the chocolate factory in 1974 , the LAST time I was down there !!!!!!
The botanical gardens wasn't bad either and was even better this time .

Hi Hel , (Helen maybe ? ) or HELL , your call .:).
Alstonville plateau is about the best it gets , forget Byron and Bangalow ... .
Yep , after what seems a lifetime the bypass seems to be happening in a millisecond .

Holty.

Alstonville, Australia

Holty,
Helen, your right but there was another Helen so I shortend it.I can't believe the soil, they say it's volcanic. Everything I put in grows. Only been here since July 2009.
Byron is so over rated as is Bangalow. Money! Money! Money! The stupid thing is people pay it.
Dianne,
Alstonville Tibouchinas, Lasiandras, you are right, are beginning to flower now, will get a pic tomorrow.
This is a Tibouchina Jules.

Thumbnail by hel

Doing some planting of advanced trees soon and have purchased 10 cubic meters of "Alstonville Red" to mix with the alluvial stuff around here . I will post a few photos of work in progress when I start.

Alstonville, Australia

Good move Holty, you won't be sorry but don't work out in that hot sun, well, it was there a few minutes ago, rain now.
The Tibouchina I promised you Dianne.

Thumbnail by hel

Lucky you with the rain Hel, it's dry and hot here.
I sort of replied on the other thread by mistake..duh
Alstonville must be beautiful now.

Langwarrin, Australia

Hi all, i'm from the Mornington Peninsula in Victoria. i joined DG at the start of the year and work in the natural waterway management industry.

Thumbnail by Steven_Llewellyn
Merino, Australia

Hello Steven. Welcome to DG. Come over to the Tea Room and have a cuppa. Tell us about yourself and your garden.
Jean

sydney (menai), Australia

Hello all from Menai. i have a vegie patch and lots of natives growing here in " the Shire". Move here a few years back from Windsor.

Hi Steven, I am on the other peninsula.
The beautiful Bellarine.
Welcome.

Hi Steven ,

A great site with heaps of info once you get into it .

Holty...

Nice photo ,

Croydon, Australia(Zone 9a)

My name is Shaun Douglas
i'm from Outer East of Melbourne in Croydon a few minutes from the Dandenong foot hills
i am a Solanaceae Collector with preference to Brugmansia
I also have a seed collection of the family with about 40genera and over 300 varieties with the seed collection being a little old now i'm just getting back in to the plants & gardening in a big way
any trades will be appreciated

Thumbnail by SolMan
Merino, Australia

Hello Shaun. Pop over to our Aussie forum on brugs. You will find that we are getting a nice collection going of Aussie raised brugs.
Jean.

Thanks 77 sunset
i have thread as fav and will contribute to the forum & collection where possible
B.Double White X. aurea = B.'Tantra'

This message was edited Nov 3, 2011 3:45 AM

This message was edited Feb 27, 2012 10:37 AM

Thumbnail by SolMan

Hi Shaun the Brug forum is here, this is the introduction forum. :)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1228109/
Is that Tantra ?

Brisbane, Australia

Hi
Im in Morayfield Qld I have just recently moved from Gladstone also in Queensland so far im having lots of fun gardening at the new place I have been able to design my gardens from scratch just the way I want as there was no existing gardens before. I have found lots of interesting things to reuse as garden features from the tip shop such as broken chairs that have been turned into planters also an interesting tree stump that was going to the tip which has become a feature after a good hose down.

Thumbnail by jazzk

Hi jazzk.......post pics of your new garden in the November thread or start a new one......
Then come on over to the Tea Room and introduce yourself,
Everyone will enjoy watching your garden grow.
Dianne

Quote from Seachanger :
Hi jazzk.......post pics of your new garden in the November thread or start a new one......
Then come on over to the Tea Room and introduce yourself,
Everyone will enjoy watching your garden grow.
Dianne

so true welcome jazzk

Welcome jazzk ...pop into the tea room and say hi ^_^

Camperdown, Australia

Hi Folks , I am a newbie to DG. I live in the South West of Victoria in Lakes and Crater Country. Camperdown area- lovely volcanic soil and 'sometimes' good rainfall. Also new to this area after moving from the Wimmera where 11years of drought finally got to me. - wouldn't you know - it has rained often since I left but no regrets I love this soil - yummy enough to eat! LOL

Thumbnail by chookie2
Merino, Australia

Welcome chookie.
I am not that far from you .. Just near Merino.

Did you bring all this heat with you ?
I know the wimmera well , having lived near Ouyen for a while. Its certainly different down here.
I agree, there is some lovely soil around but I have mostly clay here..
Pop over to our Tea Room and say hello. We are a diverse lot ,growing lots of different plants.
Come and tell us about yourself & what you like to grow.
Jean.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.