PNW growers "leftovers" opportunity!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Well, it seems that a lot of people might miss the opening post due to having to go to work that morning. Maybe Monday morning isn't the greatest idea.

I'll see if Sunday night is available. More people should be available then, don't you all think?

Winchester, VA(Zone 6a)

OH, don't do Sunday. I actually am here on my work breaks!!!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Well, I'll see what I can do to give everyone a good shot at getting some.

Perhaps two separate listings on different days would work?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Either Sunday night or Monday morning (noon for me!) sound good to me, and if you're willing to do two listings, that'd be great. But remember, you & Debbie are doing the work here, so you get to choose whatever approach works best for you!

I'm thinking... I'm going to have to look up most names since I'm pretty new to irises, so I may end up posting more than once to add more that I'd like to have... If I post and then want to add to my list, should I edit my first post (edits are time stamped, and I'd indicate which I was adding when to keep with your "first come first served" on the varieties), or should I post again to the same thread? I'm not sure which would be easier for you to keep track of.... or are you just going to limit us to a single post?

Thanks!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

critter~

You made a good point. I don't mind if people add to their orders, but PLEASE DON'T EDIT YOUR ORIGINAL POST!! Make new posts each time you add to your order. I'd go crazy if I had to re-read everyone's original posts all day to make sure they haven't added to them.

Anyone else have any thoughts on two separate listing times and/or days?

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Hi everyone~

I just heard back on the shipping charges. The charges we are going to go by are found on Snowpeak Iris and Daylilies website. Here's a link:

http://www.snowpeakiris.com/iris2000/navpage.htm

Please move the left-hand side of the page down and you will find a heading for "ship and misc.". If you click that, the shipping charges will be listed there.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

flowerfrenzy, are you really Zone 8a? Funny, I thought I was. lol

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

I have a micro-climate in my area and we're zone 8a here. However, my zone 8 is MUCH different than your zone 8 for sure!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Amen to your climate being different fr mine! I'm originally fr N Tx but it is even too cold up there for me. I tell people I can't move any further south b/c I can't swim. lol

Calhoun, KY

Yes! The split time would help me. I just want to get in on some of the good ones. I would want to look them up to but probably wouldn't have time to do much either way but I would have a better chance on Sunday. Thanks for thinking about it anyway. Don't make it hard on yourself by any means! I think it's great that you are doing this and if anyone benefits from it then it is a success! Much better than letting the irises get tossed!

Thomasville, GA(Zone 8b)

Whatever works for you! We are all so appreciative of the opportunity....

plantnutga

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Laura - you said $2.00 for TBI and "$1.00 for everything else" - what are those?

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

LOL, Smockette!

pirl~everything else would be classified as MDBs, SDBs and IBs most likely. I'm just not quite sure what all will be available quite yet.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'm already warming up my calculator.... If I order double rhizomes of TBs and triple rhizomes of DB/IBs, I can get 10 varieties for between $50 & $58, including shipping & PayPal -- what a deal!

I'm hoping for "others," as I have a new bed where I'm planning to put peonies, with shorter irises in front of them.... :-)

This is such fun already, and I can't wait to see The List!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Count me in as well...guess I better get that paypal account opened! LOL I don't have one yet...ooohhh, angel on one shoulder..."no, you don't need anymore plants, too hard to get them in the ground, not enough time, too much work for you." little devil on the other shoulder "YES, more plants...we must have them all...LOL...spend all you can, we can find a way to make this work..you can do it! MORE MORE MORE!" LOL... I am addicted..but this is a great oppourtunity and what wonderful prices...can't beat them that is for sure! Thanks so much for doing this, Laura. What a great way to add some wonderful iris to a collection!
JanetS

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Okay, paypal opened and ready to go...LOL Thanks again!

Thomasville, GA(Zone 8b)

JanetS

Feed the little angel a cookie, it will keep him quiet long enough for you to do what you need to. Or at least you won't be able to understand him with his mouth full.....

plantnut

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

EXACTLY!!! LOL I really feel guilty just thinking about new ones when I need to work so much on my beds already. I just can't resist though...lol I need cooler weather...maybe I can get some things done if it would cool off into the seventies for a couple of weeks. I only last a couple of hours at a time, and in the heat I last about ten minutes.

Thomasville, GA(Zone 8b)

I'm the same way, this year I lost all heat tolerance. My son, who spent a year in Iraq, thinks it's because I had sun poisoning about 10 or 15 years ago, and that makes you much, much more susceptable to heat stroke, heat exhaustion, etc. That was one of the things he learned in training. You should have heard him this spring, "Hydrate! Hydrate!"

BTW, one thing that really helped me this year was a thoughtful gift from my loving son, it's called a "Chilly Cloth". You get it wet, wring it out, and it stays cool. Much more so than just a bandanna or whatever. It is supposed to be 20 degrees lower than the ambient temperature. I keep it on the back of my neck while gardening and while working out at the gym.

plantnutga

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I will look into that..seems like someone else had mentioned that to me as well. I don't know why I haven't already gotten some! Thanks for reminding me.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

http://industrialsavings.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=940-6P&Category_Code=bandanas
are these like what you have? I am going to get some somewhere...wondering what I am looking for exactly..LOL

Thomasville, GA(Zone 8b)

I had the name wrong- if you Google "Frogg Toggs Chilly Pad" you'll find it. I actually have 2 because I've found it's better to keep one in my gym bag.

plantnutga

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Hi everyone~

I haven't started the co-op yet, but here's a link to the official thread.

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/651965/

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I bought a few of those bandanas at a craft fair. Keeping one in very cold water and switching off from time to time does help a lot with the heat and sweating. I'd like a body suit of it.

Thomasville, GA(Zone 8b)

pirl,
If you like the bandannas, the Froggs Toggs thingys would be even better!

It has to do with how quickly they evaporate. the faster, the better, it cools you off more quickly.

My LS (loving son) used a very similar product "over there".

plantnutga

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

As long as we're off onto this other topic, check out the information at http://www.watersorb.com/index.htm on "cool ties," and you'll find out how to make your own using polymer moisture crystals. :-)

Thomasville, GA(Zone 8b)

I'll have to try that out- I already have a bunch of the crystals, bought 'em when I was gardening in sand in S.FL. I had planned to use them in pots but never got around to it.....

The Frogg Toggs are a different concept, they are made out of some kind of weird cloth, water evaporates off of it at a much, much higher rate than it would off of regular cloth. It doesn't just stay a little bit cool, when I use it in the gym with a fan turned towards me the cloth gets COLD. When the cloth completely dries it is stiff as a board in whatever shape you left it.

plantnutga

Gainesville, TX

sure hoping ya"ll get another co-op going for the leftover PNW iris of 2010....I don't mind trading my savings for iris

Lebanon, OR

Not on DG as they will not allow it!

Does not fall in their rules for Co Ops now.

Will be elsewhere

D

Gainesville, TX

I can wait...they are always great

Miami beach from last year

Thumbnail by sharondippity

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.