Clematis Suppliers

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Shirley, get both of what???? I've got Midinight Showers and Rouge Cardinal planted together and I wanna make it like a triangel so I need one more to go with em. Debbie suggested a few but I can't decide.
OMG Shirley, that rose is beautiful!!!!!

Com'on Kelly................................Loooookkkkk. It won't hurt at all. And I talked to Debbie yesterday and you can plant till the ground is frozen!!!! ROFLMAO

Debbie

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Debbie,

I know I can still plant,,,but,,,,,,,Not fallin' for it. I'm not looking til January,,,then I Know I can't get it in the ground,,LOL

Caistor, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

Shirley I used you links for the Venosa Violacea and the Rahvarinne. O.K. now I have to have them!!!! Where did you get yours??? This is turning into an obsession............but a good one...TIA...Lauri

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Just got 2 more in the mail today!!!

Clematis crispa. Debbie left a seed head on this one. Said the germinate pretty well and it'll be fun to see what grows.

Thumbnail by baja220
Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

And Clematis Liberation. She left the flowers on.

Debbie

Thumbnail by baja220
Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Close-up of flower

Thumbnail by baja220
Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

baja220: Gorgeous! Love Clematis "Liberation"! I hope my C. "Liberation" that I purchased also from Debbie survived our extremely hot & dry Summer. I guess I'll find out next Spring. Clematis "Crispa" is a cutie and will look lovely paired with a dark colored Clematis or Rose.

lauriwilson: I purchased "Venosa Violacea" and the "Rahvarinne" from Silver Star Vinery. They have been planted in my garden and are enjoying their new home.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Debbie,

Lovely

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Your making me clematis crazy again. I only have four plants, but spent some time on Clematis on the Web and Debbie's site this evening. Now I need fourmore from her. Just have to find out if it is too late to plant here, and I have to wait until next spring. The ones I got the end of August evidently made good roots as they are green and growing. They will get nailed soon by the frosts we had last night and tonight.

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

Debbie will help you...I just received 4 more from her...and got them all planted...With her root system they will make it...
We've already had snow and they are still looking good...
Se_eds what ones did you get???She has some new ones with limited amounts....check them out..!!

LOL, I am bad... I went and did it.............I just went to look. I wanted to look at the new arrivals that is all.......LOL and then I ordered 2 more....once again they arrived in great shape and are in their new homes..............Lauri

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Demstratt- I have Volceau, The President, Duchess of Edinburgh and Blue Light growing away from the ones I got in August.

I too checked out the new ones but ordered
Claire De Lune
Dr. Ruppel.
Josephine
Kermesina
for spring - early April. It was 25 degrees here today, all annuals are dead. Last fall we had temps at -17 degrees during the first 10 days in December, so I was reluctant to plant now, and Debbie also thought spring would be better.

I will mulch the new ones heavily when they die back.

If you can grow them in zone 5a, I should be able to grow them here also. LOL

So many choices and hard to choose...I have some reserved too for Spring..gotta go look at a few you ordered.. :o)

Denver, CO

Ordering, being happy. Then seeing pictures of eachother's plants. Ordering again. Happy. Posting pictures and dislodging colleagues from being satisfied with what they've got until they, in turn, have ordered again...

This is a madhouse, folks.

surfside beach, SC(Zone 8b)

I just received Venosa Violacea and Gravetye Beautiful from Debbie.Add me to the list of happy customers.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

I'm not looking, too late to plant,,,,I'm not looking, too late to plant,,,,I'm not looking, too late to plant,,,,I'm not looking, too late to plant,,,,

I don't think it's working. I Really wanna go look,,,O.K.,,,,everyone just stop it now, I'm a Very weak gardener,,,LOL

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Yeah I would like a few more too. This thread is not good for addicts!!!

LOL the two I got are...The President and recta purpurea.....and they are putting out new growth already......

come on GG.....just a peek, just a peek, just a peek......LOL

Lauri

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Laurie,

You wicked enabler you,,,LOL,,,,I already peeked,,,,roflol

YIPPEE! bwahahahaha....I am glad I could help.......................ROFLOL

Katy, TX(Zone 8b)

Is this a good time to order/start growing clematis in my 8b zone?

Ann

Ann if you e-mail Debbie at her web site she will answer any and all questions you have....Lauri

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Laurie,,,LOL,,,stinker

What???????????? I am only trying to help Ann........LOL

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

You on commission??? LOL J/K,,,Will be waiting til Spring to order. These look So healthy with Huge root systems.

LOL no i wish!!!!!

Katy, TX(Zone 8b)

I didn't email her,laura sweetie, but I did go to the site and Ive finally narrowed my want list down to 200 clematis. Thanks!!!!! :>)))

Ann

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Yal need to post pics!!! Just to help Kelly along! LOL

I'm gonna order 2 more tomorrow for the little bed I'm working on, then I'll be done with Clematis for the year.

Ann, Debbie says it's good for me to plant now and I'm in Tulsa. It gives em a little head start for spring. They'll be settled in ready to grow like made next year. If you only have the list narrowed down to 200 you may need to have a plantin party!!

Debbie

GG...listen to Lauri... lol ...she only wants to help you out...I saw your beautiful gardens....the clems will sure look good in them... :o)

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Dem,

Thanks for the compliment. Methinks this is a conspiracy,,,LOL

Oh, I can see it already, I'm going to have one busy garden year in '07. Will be putting in at least 2 new beds. Need to pull one bed completely apart and redo it. Need to pull the bed around the deck apart and redo that one also. That's the place where all the Clematis will go. Want to pull the Stella's out from the mailbox bed and put something else in there. Will need to have Bill make more trellises for the new lovelies I'll be getting. I'm sure he'll be thrilled.

The last one he built was for the corner of the house, so he built it at a 90* angle. I told him it needs to go up to the soffit and fascia. He didn't listen to me, he built it about 5' - 6' tall, so now my Jackmanii goes to the top of that trellis and starts to poof out from there. Really quite funny looking. Everytime I see that one, I just shake my head. One time he made a comment that he didn't think it needed to be that tall. I just looked at him and asked if I had stupid written on my forehead. You don't question a gardener when they tell you they need something a certain size,,,,, I Had to use the "Told you so." I just couldn't help it on that one,,,LOL Still trying to get him to make it go up higher.

Kelly

LOL Kelly, you are going to be very busy with all of those new beds going in, I can't wait to see the pictures.....Oh if you want DH to raise that just grab a hammer in one hand and a saw in the other and tell him you will do it...it used to work here...........Lauri

Denver, CO

Sorry I don't have a more centered picture (by Debbie-in-OK's request) but on the left of the Magnolia is the Clem. 'Kermesina' that came from Silver-Star-Debbie last spring. Just moved it a week or two ago. I expect it to cover that "wall" and go up a wire next year.

Thumbnail by ineedacupoftea
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Works especially well if you ask, "How about getting me your power saw? They aren't that hard to use, are they?" (Have your ladder, hammer and needed materials handy.) hee, hee.

Claire

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

LOL,,,,he's usually really good about putting new beds in. This year we were going to put 3 new beds in and one morning, he surprised me with a load of rocks. I wasn't expecting them that soon.

When he's lolly gagging about something, I'll usually ask where some power tool is. He says, he'll do it and I always tell him, you don't have to, I'm fully capable of using (whatever tool I've asked him for),,,

I'm the one that gets nervous when I see him strolling around the yard with a saw and pruners. I just noticed today that he must have pruned some of the shrubs this morning while I was teaching Sunday School. A couple of them were just getting nice. grrrrrr I think I'll have to put any tool that can cut under lock and key.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Oops, forgot to say I really like that corner. When both are in bloom it must be gorgeous.

Kelly........be careful clems are addictive....look how nice James&Co's corner looks....gotta have that one too..!!:o)

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Dem,

LOL,,, Anything I start becomes an addiction. I try to limit it to only hostas,,,but then I am a weak soul,,,lol

Denver, CO

This is all so sad. Nobody's safe around here.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

You're right about that! I was looking around my yard for a place to put my new John Paul II, and I found all kinds of spots that could use a little clematisizing. Yikes!

w

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Well...........I was gonna order 2, but I just got 6 in the mail today!!!!!! Yal are right, this is dangerous!!!!
Here they are! Huldine, Beata, Blue Angel, Ashva, Negritianka, and one of Debbie's seedlings Dingy Debbie

Debbie

Thumbnail by baja220

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.